Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What hose you guys currently using?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

I'm using gardiners all season struggling in winter very stiff/kinks

also blue exceed like it but holds its shape a lot and came coiled up tried to sort it but still find it annoying sometimes

what you guys using at the moment ? and can you get the rhino pole hose in uk yet heard its mint?

Ps anyone used or using the green pu stuff, als review on youtube said it is good stuff and looks it but not sure ?

I'm with the gardiners all season too, I'm happy with it, might be time for a replacement though as when it starts kinking regularly it's time for a change. I used to only change when it was worn through but change regularly now and for the better.

Gardiners reinforced pole hose

I also use the green pu..it is good but not really suitable for spooling on a reel if using a long length of it

Gardiners reinforced no problems, recently got a univalve and now started to use the ex-ceed blue hose.

I'm using Gardiner's green PU hose. It's been the best so far for me working with a trolley.

Years back I used Microbore.

Pros. Flexible. Lasts along time.

Cons. Stiff when cold. Difficult to coil by hand when cold. 25mtrs is a real fistful if not using a reel. Heavier than PVC or PU hose

Then I used Gardiner's All Season PVC pole hose.

Pros. Easier to manage. Much lighter. Hand coiled much easier in warmer weather

Cons. Became very stiff when cold so not so easy to manage and split easily at base of pole. Didn't last as long as Microbore

Then tried various PU hoses. I liked them for their light weight but was concerned at their tendency to lift off the floor easily causing a trip hazard.

I learned to manage this by making sure the hose remained untwisted. Exceed's blue was the best for me until Gardiner's green came along.

Gardiner's Green PU hose

Pros. Softest PU hose I've used to date. Lays flatter than other PU hoses though it still needs untwisting. Very light. Highly visible. Easy to carry up to 30 mtrs in the hand. Very hard wearing.

Cons. Still lifts off the floor easier than Microbore or All season PVC hose

This is the kit I work with and 25mtrs coiled in the hand

hose_pu_25mtr.jpg
hose_trolley_pole.jpg

I'm using Gardiner's green PU hose. It's been the best so far for me working with a trolley.
Years back I used Microbore.

Pros. Flexible. Lasts along time.

Cons. Stiff when cold. Difficult to coil by hand when cold. 25mtrs is a real fistful if not using a reel. Heavier than PVC or PU hose

Then I used Gardiner's All Season PVC pole hose.

Pros. Easier to manage. Much lighter. Hand coiled much easier in warmer weather

Cons. Became very stiff when cold so not so easy to manage and split easily at base of pole. Didn't last as long as Microbore

Then tried various PU hoses. I liked them for their light weight but was concerned at their tendency to lift off the floor easily causing a trip hazard.

I learned to manage this by making sure the hose remained untwisted. Exceed's blue was the best for me until Gardiner's green came along.

Gardiner's Green PU hose

Pros. Softest PU hose I've used to date. Lays flatter than other PU hoses though it still needs untwisting. Very light. Highly visible. Easy to carry up to 30 mtrs in the hand. Very hard wearing.

Cons. Still lifts off the floor easier than Microbore or All season PVC hose

This is the kit I work with and 25mtrs coiled in the hand

hose_pu_25mtr.jpg
hose_trolley_pole.jpg
cheers mate

you definatley think the green pu stuff the best to use at moment then ? is it similar or better than blue exceed you think? cheers

cheers mate
you definatley think the green pu stuff the best to use at moment then ? is it similar or better than blue exceed you think? cheers
Bear in mind I'm using a trolley and only 25mtrs of it. But for me, yes it's the best. It's a bit more flexible than the blue and so requires less attention to keep it laying flat. If you want something light it's hard to beat in my book.

I will say I've just seen Tuffers post and I haven't used that hose so I can't compare it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't work with the reinforced pole hose. For me it kept knotting and kinking. I am still using 30m lengths of All season pole hose, changing every few months like @steele does.

Does anyone know if that Green PU pole hose is the same as the Orange PU pole hose ? Because that Orange stuff is curlier than a pigs pinkle /emoticons/biggrin.png

Does anyone know if that Green PU pole hose is the same as the Orange PU pole hose ? Because that Orange stuff is curlier than a pigs pinkle /emoticons/biggrin.png
It's PU hose, the same as the orange stuff but seems to have a different composition as it is much easier to handle I find. I had to boil the orange stuff (and the blue exceed hose) and let it cool layed out straight before I could use it. However, I was able to use the green hose straight out of the packaging. How you see it in my hand in the picture is how it coiled after I layed it out and recoiled it.

Gardiners green PU hose gets my vote as well , I have been using for almost a week now and its spot on stays fairly supple even in temps of +2 , I would usually dunk new hose in a bucket of hot water and lay flat over night but never bothered with this , Yes it was tightly coiled when it was delivered but I have manged with it easily .

Latest Posts

Back