Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liquidator story

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

finally dipped and squeezed the end clips and put a new rubber so took 18 inch liquidator out yesterday cleaning some high upstairs windows

mopped up pulled the big lad out start squeegeeing what the?

/emoticons/angry.png(where did the end clip go?

Down into all that greenery no doubt.:rolleyes:

climb down ladder didnt even look for it and chucked the injured liquidator into back of the car

s.o.a.b.

finally dipped and squeezed the end clips and put a new rubber so took 18 inch liquidator out yesterday cleaning some high upstairs windowsmopped up pulled the big lad out start squeegeeing what the?

climb down ladder didnt even look for it and chucked the injured liquidator into back of the car

s.o.a.b.
finally dipped and squeezed the end clips and put a new rubber so took 18 inch liquidator out yesterday cleaning some high upstairs windowsmopped up pulled the big lad out start squeegeeing what the?

s.o.a.b.
You guys losing your clips has prompted me to experiment. Took the clips off a 14" Liquidator cut rubber to length. Not a bad standard channel at all, light and accurate. "Use it after you lose it" :)

It's about time moerman made it so we can buy the clips. Still don't believe you cannot get spares to replace them.

I've also lost one @norm which makes it useless at the moment.

s.o.a.b.
What I've done to one of my Wagulators is drilled two 1mm holes through the channel about 6mm apart. One of the holes goes through the plastic bit, then put a piece of garden wire from inside the channel up through the holes and twist tight. that'll hold 'em. I've put the wire on mine through the scrubber as well, so it holds everything in place.

you can buy the end clips!!! the window cleaning warehouse sell them 4 £1.95 a pair.

an idea i had ages ago but havnt done cos i keep forgetting was to drill a small hole at each end of the channel ,push tip on and then using a soldering iron melt the tip into the hole

80eff1accf145a45009948596735074f_1024.jpg

It's about time moerman made it so we can buy the clips. Still don't believe you cannot get spares to replace them.I've also lost one @norm which makes it useless at the moment.
and it would be good if they made them not to come off as easily Posh

Racensteins and WCR have them at no charge for customers who have bought their Liquidators off them.
I didn't know this, doesn't say clips separate on their website so will look into this. Although I've never lost mine. Cheers Eric

an idea i had ages ago but havnt done cos i keep forgetting was to drill a small hole at each end of the channel ,push tip on and then using a soldering iron melt the tip into the hole
Hmmmm........... so I guess they haven't made a tool that comes ready off the shelf then Boars? /emoticons/smile.png)

It is ready off the shelf..if people choose to be careless with their end clips it's up to them lol

I never dropped one yet

Just glue em if your worried

i got first batch that weren't made right by a sloppy company and had to be put into hot water and fixed :rolleyes: as they were loose on the rubber

as they arent made by vw didnt get a recall i just paid my money and received defective made tools and watched a helpful vid to self fix as sloppy company wasn't going to fix my purchase of 6 liquidators with spare sets of rubber that i now know nobody uses as just about any other rubber is superior.

2 handles to fit my defective liquidators p+p of £15.99 and end clips that jump ship

:laugh: no more of my money will be going there way for sure

Correct me if I'm wrong but the guys who are losing their clips seem to be primarily the ones that carry the squeegees in BOAB's ...? I personally have had no issues with the clips but I use the large Ettore bucket and no BOAB. I did have one channel that the clips were slightly less than firm...simply ripped them off, heated in boiling water and compressed the section the goes on the channel. PITA to get back on, but, they haven't moved since...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the guys who are losing their clips seem to be primarily the ones that carry the squeegees in BOAB's ...? I personally have had no issues with the clips but I use the large Ettore bucket and no BOAB. I did have one channel that the clips were slightly less than firm...simply ripped them off, heated in boiling water and compressed the section the goes on the channel. PITA to get back on, but, they haven't moved since...
yeah i'm a boab user Eric have to try your tip as i squeezed bit the rubber slides in but never thought about the other bit goes on channel

maybe super glue as one of the guys suggested

Back