Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speed Guns And Tickets

And they have nothing to do with the police, as I first thought, so no blue and yellow on the vans or sirens. am sure they have speed camera on it too.

I tell you what else they don't do, they are by law supposed to put speed camera sign around the vicinity of the van(temp signs) did they eck though when they caught me, did not see no sign what so ever lol

next time im going to take photos, but then id get called a terrorist, they got all corners sorted out now the government and police forces. your not allowed to BY LAW film police officers encase you sell it to "terrorists" i read that somewhere. but theres a speed van near me who parks in the same spot every monday morning. he always has a tatty old van parked infront of him with ladders lent against it to disguise his van hidden away, that way you think its a painter and its not really, its his mate.

few months back i was court doing about 40 in a 30 by a copper with a speed gun.

few days later got court doing about 65 in a 50.

dreaded the letters coming thought the post....

well its not 6 months later and still no summons or fix penilty.

just cause u see them dont mean your going to get court.....

i past a speed van on my motorbike doing an obsene speed.

think i must of just been a blur to then on the camera....lol

i got clocked going 39mph in a 30mph zone

sent of my details last friday

Cos its my first time theyll offer me a speed awareness course which i will go on /emoticons/smile.png

if i get 6 points on ma license within the first 2 years of my driving i get it toke of me

ive been passed for 1 year now

i done that last year h at yhe tad centre. u will enjoy it.

[

quote name=They Call Me H" post="118384" timestamp="1367277309]

i got clocked going 39mph in a 30mph zone

sent of my details last friday

Cos its my first time theyll offer me a speed awareness course which i will go on /emoticons/smile.png

if i get 6 points on ma license within the first 2 years of my driving i get it toke of me

ive been passed for 1 year now

i was told that course is half a day tho. where would i find half a day. tbh 3 points wont make my insurance go up will it. some companies just say ok, but others could rocket it up. well it was last monday i got caught so another week to wait and if its not here in 14 das all up i will relax.

By law you have to tell insurance and it may go up.

The course is 4hrs and doing course means you dont have to tell insurance!

Happy days lol

got a reply today they offered me a place on the speed awareness course

and it said its 4 hours long lol

choice is urs H, 3 points and some work or no work and no points haha. i got that i think coming with the camera at the traffic lights i got flashed by last week :Image15:

I've only ever been done twice in 25 years of driving. The first, my fault, went through a fixed camera doing 49mph on a 40mph road, the camera's were a new thing back then and I didn't think they were real /emoticons/smile.png

But the 2nd time, still annoys me today. National speed limit and I'm doing about 60. Approach roadworks with a 30 limit so I slow down and do 30. No workers about as it's night but, I still do 30. I pass the roadworks and like a good lad, I continue doing 30 until I approach the 'end sign' which was about quarter of a mile after the roadworks. So, I start accelerating back upto speed. Few days later, letter in post, clocked doing 38 in a temporary 30 zone. There must have been some bugger hiding waiting to catch people as they accelerate. I was so annoyed because that is just so picky. I sarcastically did 30mph everywhere for a week after that, until I got bored of having cars up my ass.

Mart.

there sneaky, if they wanna space traiffic out on motorways they flash the 50MPH thing up which activated the speed cameras to 50MPH. as for road works at night, i didnt think they could take a pic at night, how do you see the road markings?

and you wasnt wearing ya SPECS lol sorry bad joke. i think its a nasty way to get people, especially at night.

i got off i think lol its over a month ago. i seen lots of them community cameras about, theres almost one on every bloody corner about here now. even sitting on the 40-30 area.

Back