Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Impact43 Training

keir

anyone booked in for april 18th? i'll be there, looking forward to it. the 1st day looks like it could be boring but from the feedback i've read on here i thought gotta get it done. once i've done all 3 days and hopefully got the city and guilds i can then tout for some commercial work on the strength of not being a numpty :lol: :lol:

I just spoke to them today and got my name down. They are going to run one in

Southampton so thought I would be silly not to do it.

Never know when it might come in handy, free as well!!!

Where you doing it?
Am doing my last one next week.
leeds i think. it was meant to be manchester but they had to change for some reason.

how are you getting on so far G?

One of my best mates is a trainer. Pretty good tbh.

I wanted to go, but gave up with Gary. As soon as i asked a couple of questions about funding, i got no replies. So just gave up.

I did this last summer, got my certificate which does help me when competing for commercial contracts I must admit. I think everything you learn is common sense. My personal opinion is that it is impossible to fail. Apparently the government funding for this stops this summer! Be careful though, if you already have a City and Guilds in something else then you will not get the full funding, just say you haven't ! Definitely a course with a lot of room for improvement. Impact obviously do very well financially out of it.

I did this last summer, got my certificate which does help me when competing for commercial contracts I must admit. I think everything you learn is common sense. My personal opinion is that it is impossible to fail. Apparently the government funding for this stops this summer! Be careful though, if you already have a City and Guilds in something else then you will not get the full funding, just say you haven't ! Definitely a course with a lot of room for improvement. Impact obviously do very well financially out of it.
What month did you complete this Andy?

I finished it in August/September if I remember, and I'm still waiting for my certificate :wacko:

Good point about the commercial contracts etc.

I finished in June but I do remember the certificates taking a while to come, November I think. What did annoy me was that they then phone you and ask if you would like two extra certificates for the very limited ladder and pole training you did on the course, they ask for £90.00 for these!! That has put me off using them again.

sell you mine
Thanks for the offer....but I'm still trying to figure out if they're worth owt anyway! lol

I finished in June but I do remember the certificates taking a while to come, November I think. What did annoy me was that they then phone you and ask if you would like two extra certificates for the very limited ladder and pole training you did on the course, they ask for £90.00 for these!! That has put me off using them again.
We actually got those extra two certs for free! Only because of a mess around on day one with the hotel that had been double booked. They almost had to cancel the whole day but got somewhere else booked the same day. Fair play to them. Was a bit of a mess around on the day, but it was a nice gesture for them to give for free.

I did this last summer, got my certificate which does help me when competing for commercial contracts I must admit.
thats the only reason why i'm doing the course

The commercial customers have never asked for it as a minimum requirement or similar, but I use it to point out to them that I take window cleaning and the health and safety side just a little bit more serious than possibly the competition. I also politely point out to them that the safety of someone working on their site is their full responsibility and the circumstances of an accident lies with them. This is something I learnt on the course and makes them sit up a bit not necessarily going for the cheapest option! It's worth one day a month off over three months definitely.

Latest Posts

Back