Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Year in

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Stayclearwindowcleaning

tomorrow will be a year I've been on the glass. And stil enjoying it Just upgraded my van Starting to look good now well happy. Been some up and downs but just marched on This page has been such a great help

i was Dave. Still not where I need to be but getting there. Best move I every made cheers

I have been doing this since i left school

Haf a brief spell (8 years) subbing off a local company when i moved from london and sold up my business and have been back at it for 2.5 years for myself

Still not where i want to be but that is because i am going in a different direction and doing softwash and fascias/conservatories etc and less windows

Well done to anyone who starts up and make a go of it

thanks mark. Good bunch of lads on here that helped me a lot at the beginning. I'm still Learning now and still willing to listen u can never know to much cheers

i was looking at the soft wash side as a add on. I've done patios and pathways With the hypo but it does scare me a little bit useing the hypo

I'm just over two years in now. Did it part time for six months or so and then jacked in my job and went at it full time. Switched to wfp a year ago and haven't looked back. My biggest regret is not starting up in my early twenties rather than early thirties.

I'm just over two years in now. Did it part time for six months or so and then jacked in my job and went at it full time. Switched to wfp a year ago and haven't looked back. My biggest regret is not starting up in my early twenties rather than early thirties.
Wish I'd never shown you wfp

I would have facebook all sown up now :rofl:

You would still be struggling on the ladders:p

tomorrow will be a year I've been on the glass. And stil enjoying it Just upgraded my van Starting to look good now well happy. Been some up and downs but just marched on This page has been such a great help
I am thinking of starting. helped a good guy out locally for a couple of days now and i think its definitely something i want to do. plus im fed up of working my nuts off for somebody else.

my plan is to try and drum up some work for my days off until after xmas then probably take a part time job and try to do the windows part time until i have enough work to go full time.

what advice can you guys offer,

equipment, paperwork, the legal side of it, becoming self employed, paying tax, how to get customers,

everything

I am thinking of starting. helped a good guy out locally for a couple of days now and i think its definitely something i want to do. plus im fed up of working my nuts off for somebody else.

my plan is to try and drum up some work for my days off until after xmas then probably take a part time job and try to do the windows part time until i have enough work to go full time.

what advice can you guys offer,

equipment, paperwork, the legal side of it, becoming self employed, paying tax, how to get customers,

everything

Even after 17 yrs. I enjoy scooping up different experiences. :DIf you reach that point when you think you can't learn anything from others, then it's really sorry..

There's a lot of ways to complete our daily tasks , love to see other angles too . :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more with what people have already said as for me this forum is what convinced me to take the plunge into window cleaning earlier this year and I have learnt everything from here and a few you tube vids. I really appreciate gav and the moderators for running it and everyone who contributes. For me it's this best thing I ever did and it's growing nicely I'm not where I want or need to be yet but this far in I have proven to myself I can do it so just keep plugging away and will get there I hope! don't really tell many people this bit but this job also has massively helped me sort my head out. The year or so before I started I had gotten in a really bad place mentally after injuries from a car accident and being treated like **** by my old employers. But being outside and the physical graft has helped loads and being able to put an iPod in and crack on. Also meeting a lot of really nice people along the way. At the moment I can't ever see myself doing anything else. Really good to read others that have started recently doing well too cheers guys

rule of thump you will make no money for a 1000 days is what they say , as everybit of cash goes back in to make more when starting out

3 years since I first had the cleaning business idea. 2 years neXT week since I started cleaning windows part time and I'll have been a year full time in January.

Slow process but starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. another year I should be full

Lots of good news here.

Encouraging to me as none so far is saying. "hate it, worst decision I ever made. Poor and depressed since I started"..so on and so on.

I have had traditional window gear for a few years and just used it for friends and family but am gearing up to going part time in the near future. Bad time to start I know but I will appreciate the spring when it comes.

It's a great time to start bud

If you get through the winter and still enjoy it you know it is the right thing for you

Back