Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lid Vent

Bernie

Hi.. Can anyone tell me what the idea is to aving a vent in the tank lid.iv just seen them and don't get why there needed.also anyone know how many baffle balls to place in a 210L tank. /emoticons/smile.png

Try sucking on a plastic bottle which will give you an idea of why an air vent is fitted to a wfp tank lid.

Depends on the size of your balls :Image13:

If its a wydale type tank that size dose it really need them as my small 250 upright seems ok without baffle balls.

Cheers smurf didn't think of it like that I'm guessing drilling a few holes in the lid wd work the same as the vents they sell. Didn't know there was diff size in balls lol.

Depends if you want water coming out of the lid as those vents don't seem to let water out.

Yes suppliers sell different size baffel balls or you could buy a bag of play ball pond balls and make holes in them like damo did. But to be honest I don't think it will make much difference if you did.

I have a full 100 in my 350 and works a treat.

We had issues in another tank and that needed 150 baffle balls (800L tank)

With regards to the vent don't mess about and replace the lid if you can.

Cheers OoO....what size are the balls u av used or do you av a link to where I can get them plz. And for the price of the vent I'm going to buy one there cheap enuff. As smurf said bout water coming out the lid...I Defo don't fancy water everwere lol

I didn't need any extra baffling for my previous 210L tank, did though for the 350L & I went down the flower pots + zip ties route.

Back