Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can window cleaning really be lucrative with hard work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sleeping well is the key ..pity i never stick to it

Nothing worse than a days graft after 4 hrs kip

I think its all relative as well, most ive ever earned in my life is 1150 per month take home. So to me 2k a month take home would be stinky rich lol

Good to hear your thoughts Kev and I agree up to a point.

In my previous job I was working 6-8 minimum 6 days a week and it was pretty much that reason that I sought out a different career path & more importantly lifestyle.

Love my job but am eager to not fall back into old habits. Did 4 houses today (one of which has 113 windows) and made enough £ to go home satisfied.

If others want to go out and earn more and work longer then that's cool too - go for it and I genuinely wish anyone that does that all the best as we each have very varied bills, needs, wants and all the rest of it :thumbsup:

Heres the soppy bit - favourite part of the day was cleanin a window that baby ducklings had splashed mucky water on /emoticons/smile.png

Good luck with it all mate.

I try to sleep right most of the time, but doesnt always work out that way, been at this game for a while now though lol the 40 houses a day myself were many moons ago lol but i take pride in saying i have done it

I earnt £13.75 ph on the olympics contract overseeing the stock movements to all the olympic venues and time and a half for overtime

37.5 hr week which i made 60+ some weeks when it was busy

Still happier doing this as it is stress free

The money is good but not the reason i came back to being a windie again

Thought a change would be good after so many years and wasted qualifications but soon regretted the change

I knew deep down it was the wrong thing to do as i kept some good custys even when i said i was no longer a windie

I earnt £13.75 ph on the olympics contract overseeing the stock movements to all the olympic venues and time and a half for overtime37.5 hr week which i made 60+ some weeks when it was busy

Still happier doing this as it is stress free

The money is good but not the reason i do it
Sounds a good job that, i done 60 hour weeks for a year in construction, cant beat hard work i loved it all i wouldn't change it, i just done window cleaning because it was regular work with my mate i started out

Good to hear your thoughts Kev and I agree up to a point.
In my previous job I was working 6-8 minimum 6 days a week and it was pretty much that reason that I sought out a different career path & more importantly lifestyle.

Love my job but am eager to not fall back into old habits. Did 4 houses today (one of which has 113 windows) and made enough £ to go home satisfied.

If others want to go out and earn more and work longer then that's cool too - go for it and I genuinely wish anyone that does that all the best as we each have very varied bills, needs, wants and all the rest of it :thumbsup:

Heres the soppy bit - favourite part of the day was cleanin a window that baby ducklings had splashed mucky water on /emoticons/smile.png

Good luck with it all mate.
Yeah each to their own mate. 113 windows! Yeah i dont imagine you would have to do many more houses with that amount of windows lol, plenty of dough

Sounds a good job that, i done 60 hour weeks for a year in construction, cant beat hard work i loved it all i wouldn't change it, i just done window cleaning because it was regular work with my mate i started out
I enjoy hard work

I have the qualifications that i could have stayed with Wincanton after project gold (olympics) and would be on serious money by now like the girl i worked with who is a top manager now

Only downside is relocating to every project

I realised a long time ago that it doesn’t matter about qualifications if you are not suited to an office job

Same as my brother who didn't do as great as me at school but is suited to working in an office in finance so does well at it

Horses for courses

if ur busy enough to go out 5 days a week 8 hours a day u shudnt be worrying about money

after what happened @Green i wont be expanding to staff etc as im happy doing my full round on me jack and earing great money

it can be good earning but only if u put the graft in canvasssing and pricing work up all the time working and chasing people all the time but it soon adds up and when it does u wont need to canvas or chase as the people will be chasing you to get on ur round

I was working hard to get customers and then suddenly i didn't need to

I still advertise on bookface and if i get a custy in a road i don't already do i will leaflet it

You get to the point it comes to you in a way

Customer asked earlier can i quote her daughter 20 quid 5 weekly and reliable as the mum will pay me for both when i do them and she always pays on time

Another woman messaged me as is friend of an existing customer and got 12 quid 5 weekly

Both on roads i already do

It seems to come to you after a while

I'm busy enough to work seven days a week, 8 hours a day, but i'm trad so it takes it's toll after a while if you are working alone, i usually endup behind schedule so it's easier if you have a dig out

I think wfp would be more tiring holding those big poles up all day
I haven't tried it davey but i've always thought it would be a piece of **** but couldn't give an honest opinion until i try it

I've been eying up a hundred or so houses for canvassing that i'm hoping to hit before the weeks out, haven't been canvassing in about 2 years lol but the last time i got 50 odd houses, well i think it was 35 or something but picked up the rest while out working

I haven't wfp'd either but i have been told it is hard on the back and core muscles

I still canvass now and then when i feel like dropping some shite customers

I've seen people on here saying that but naa i cant imagine it being harder than running up a ladder all day doing 50 houses between two of you

Back