Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Waterproof Gloves?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shine Window Cleaning

Now that the cold is upon us, I'm going to have to dig deep for a pair of waterproof gloves. I used to use some Unger gloves(which were good, except easily ripped due to being made from Neoprene- I think?). I'm also looking at some Joka Hold gloves on EBay which look quite good. Any recommendations for quality gloves that are cost effective?

I was in Jewsons in Fakenham today and they had those gloves on special offer for 99p...

Well broke my duck with the real cold this morning, it was freeezin. Started off with a pair of latex gloves underneath the Unger hi-flo ones and was doing trad, boy they are no good for trad my fingers were killing me and in bad winter won't be much good for wfp if ya get em soaked so I'll keep using em for biking instead.

I was only round corner from home so popped back and nicked my lads magic gloves, I put those on with a pair of latex over top and then a pair of heavy duty black rubber gloves over that. Sorted, hands were dry and didn't feel cold again but was still able to trad ok with all those on.

iv always found gloves to be more hassle then there worth for trad, yes they keep your hands dry, but not your cloths, makes detailing a nightmare!

I have a pair of hand-me-down gloves from my business partner and they are good, but he says he gets through a pair a winter - i.e. they only last one season. The ones I have are battered and ripped with the fingertips cuts off but they do actually keep my hands warm despite their hobo-esque appearance.. So a brand new pair would prolly work like magic, aye. Just be aware that they are allegedly not very tough and the waterproof lining can tear quite easily. On mine, you can actually see the lining in places where the fabric/wool is ripped and the waterproof liner is about as thick as a black bin-bag. Infact tbh Im suspicious that it is the same material..

We use sealskinz. Have tried about 15 different brands, some only last a month! Sealskinz last at least a season. Brilliant!

We use sealskinz. Have tried about 15 different brands, some only last a month! Sealskinz last at least a season. Brilliant!
There you have it, looks like sealskinz are a winner...

Someone should invent a glove for trad where it keeps your hands dry or warm, but act like a scrim! How cool would that be!

Someone should invent a glove for trad where it keeps your hands dry or warm, but act like a scrim! How cool would that be!
get a full size scrim, cut in half, tie each half around each hand, job done,lol

I was in Jewsons in Fakenham today and they had those gloves on special offer for 99p...
LOL, I havent hear that word for ages.... fakenham.... I lived there for 3 or 4 years when I first came to england... wow that was over 20 years ago...

thats because my aunts all live in wells next the sea.....

and i have worked at bernies... and kinerton... lol

sealskinz are useless, mine lasted a week and tore. Does ANYONE have a pair of WFP gloves that will last the winter, and a link of where to buy it.

Back