Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another newb to WFP

JD1

Hi guys! Im Jake I've been lurking on the forum since the beginning of the year and have gained so much from this forum without even posting! So Thank you all its been very helpful! After a long stint of travelling the world when I arrived home I decided to go ahead and get started window cleaning and have been doing so traditionally since May! I have built up a nice round and it keeps growing weekly /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ive decided to make the jump into getting a small system for my van (vauxhall astra) with the weather getting worse I'm really starting to feel less safe going up a ladder at times and I also have a lot of tricky windows what you can't get a ladder too so have been doing so with a trad pole etc but obvs isn't ideal as I'm not great with it haha! A lot of my customers want trad so i won't be dropping it all for waterfed. I want to supply and fit all parts myself as I do have a budget of around £700. Ive looked into backpacks aswell but I'm not keen id like to have it all in van ready to use. I live in a very hard water area tds reading of 357 :gush:

So i have a few questions -

Will a 400 RO with built in DI chamber be enough? Or will i need another DI vessel?

How do I power the pump? A separate battery? To the van battery?

How do you control the water supply at the pole?

Has anyone got a list of exact parts i would need?

Is there any how to guides step by step on setup? I couldn't find while searching and i have searched a lot haha!

Any help would be great! Please no abuse saying do a search etc haha!

I'd still recommend a backpack, a tank, pump, controller and battery may be a tight squeeze. Plus its a lot more portable. You'll need a minimum of a 400 Gpd to and depending on pressure a booster pump. £700 is a tight budget tho, a decent pole is around 200+, ro is around 200, tank 100+ pump and controller 150+ then its the battery , reel hose etc

Agree with Clisty ibwould go get a decent pole and backpack with an astra van. Possibly be easier to find a local pure water supplier than worrying about a system till you get a bigger van.

On the having customers who preffer trad I was letting people dictate that to me. But realised how many more jobs I could do going soley wfp. So sent out an email/text saying from now on due to the quality of clean being better and for improved safety I would from now on only do wfp if anyone had concerns please contact me to discuss. Didn't loose a single customer

If you get a small tank you could get ideas from Jimmyboots threads "diy van mount"

Use the search function as he has posted links to all 6 parts

Agree with Clisty ibwould go get a decent pole and backpack with an astra van. Possibly be easier to find a local pure water supplier than worrying about a system till you get a bigger van.On the having customers who preffer trad I was letting people dictate that to me. But realised how many more jobs I could do going soley wfp. So sent out an email/text saying from now on due to the quality of clean being better and for improved safety I would from now on only do wfp if anyone had concerns please contact me to discuss. Didn't loose a single customer
I agree 100% with the above. I made a rod for my back by still doing a few trad. Eight years in and I now no longer do any with ladders. I'm genuinely happy to leave those who want it to fellow windies who are still happy to use ladders.

I done mine all diy

500 litre tank.pump n controller.battery n hose n reel n good pole..easy fix in an hour matey...look up on youtube...plenty on there....an old member off here is quality

Backpack or van mount? No contest in my book. It does my tits in whenever I use the trolley or backpack.
Love my Gardiner backpack me. Goes anywhere. Builds your muscles. Cheap. Reliable. No van needed, just a couple of containers.

Back