Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aus vs UK window cleaning

Ahhhh.......those tracks......whoops /emoticons/smile.png

Presumably there's quite a lot more sliding doors over there - makes sense now.

You get a lot of ground in dirt in the tracks over here from sand and general dirt that gets blown in the air and from people's feet and clothing. I do a different packages,

1. external window clean,

2. Ext/Int window clean or

3. vacuum of tracks sliding doors and windows, soaping up of fly screens then the windows themselves. Package 3 is very popular.

Also optional services....I have special cream to clean hard water build up off shower screens, retic water build up on windows and pool screen cleaning.

Most of the windows over hear are sliding windows so they have tracks what the windows slide on..rather than the UK windows where most open out..if you get what I mean

lady customer of mine [uk] told me she lived in Aus back in the 50-60s era when Aircon wasnt good-said it was a living hell!!

Tracks are the opening of sliding doors or windows

And yes oz is similar to USA cleaning , there's no regular schedule

Like back in UK where you keep on top of schedule.

Also the cleans are in / out. Not like back home

Money wise , works out the same if you know what your doing.

We have fly screens to deal with too. Not to mention the glass panels being so much bigger and the house. They take so much longer. I'm the same I charge around $200 for a single storey in and out and around $350 in and out for a double storey. Though because I'm still fairly new at it, I take my time and happy to do just one very well done job a day till I get better and faster without sacrificing quality of work.

8 houses a day? We do a lot more than that lol!
$700 a day for three houses? That's mental! But then, are you Aussies doing it USA style? Where it's not a regular thing? In the USA they charge an absolute fortune, but it's like a once a Year service...
yep thats my style got a yearly house on monday 200 pounds 3 hours work 1.5 hours driving

Back