Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My First £18 Customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

So ive been keeping my pricing simple, small hoose £10 big hoose £15, so today is a cracking day so im out canvasing and doing some new custies who signed on recently, this woman shouts me over, " how much for my house every 6 weeks Donny" i say £15, she says " oh " i go is that too much" she goes" oh no not at all, that charity lot charge me £23" so i say well im happy with 15 she says " call it £18 Donny" HAPPY DAYS all i need noo is another 100 like her lol

lots of windows round back an aw andthat akward wee panes, first clean took 30 minutes but i was very fussy

View attachment 1624

View attachment 1094

Undercutting a fellow windy tut,tut /emoticons/biggrin.png

That one I would have quoted about £25 to be honest as those windows are a pain in the **** to get spot and drip free :rolleyes:

its only undercutting if you know the price they pay already and you do it cheaper than you normally would in order to take it off the previous cleaner. just because your cheaper doesnt mean your out to undercut

I'm not suggesting Donny is out to undercut in an under handed way. What I'm trying to say is be careful especially as he's just starting out. I only take on work if windy hasn't shown up in a while or the last one has already been sacked. He don't want trouble at his door does he and this other lot could see him as a potential threat to their livelyhood. @Donny I'm not having a pop at you kid, just giving my advice.

The reason i got into wfp up here is because the only people up here doing it were a charity ( one of these set up to give the people setting em up a full time job) who give people with drug and alcohol addiction " work" . Loads of my bin customers asked me if id do there windows as well. Anyway this so called "charity" recently branched into powerwashing and gutter cleaning, they dont have to pay the scrotes working for them wages so were undercutting me so ihave no worries on taking custies off them,also the custies i have had so far complained too me about there work and there attitude as lots were sent by the courts to do there community service, anyway there is only one other window cleaner on the island who is a trad fella and i wont be taking any of his custies as he is cheaper than me and has a loyal client base , he retires soon and ive told him i'll buy his custies if they will go wfp then,{ i went too see him before i started up) fully understand were your coming from Tuffers and thanks for the advice , i havent actively gone for there customers but if they come to me im gonna tell em my price s and let them decidewhether to use me or the alkies lol

The reason i got into wfp up here is because the only people up here doing it were a charity ( one of these set up to give the people setting em up a full time job) who give people with drug and alcohol oaddiction " work" . Loads of my bin customers asked me if id do there windows as well. Anyway this so called "charity" recently branched into powerwashing and gutter cleaning, they dont have to pay the scrotes working for them wages so were undercutting me so ihave no worries on taking custies off them,also the custies i have had so far complained too me about there work and there attitude as lots were sent by the courts to do there community service, anyway there is only one other window cleaner on the island who is a trad fella and i wont be taking any of his custies as he is cheaper than me and has a loyal client base , he retires soon and ive told him i'll buy his custies if they will go wfp then,{ i went too see him before i started up) fully understand were your coming from Tuffers and thanks for the advice , i havent actively gone for there customers but if they come to me im gonna tell em my price s and let them decidewhether to use me or the alkies lol
This is a new one.

I fully understand where your coming from here as at the end of the day customers want a good job done and I think your safe takin there work here.just maybe go a bit higher as that house is at least £25 but I live down south.good luck mate

i know its a big house with akward windows but i also do her gutters and bins so seems only fair to do her a deal /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep got to keep them happy donny /emoticons/wink.png

Sounds to me that so say charity someone is making an obsolute fortune :rolleyes:

Back