Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sill brush

If you talking about sill brush with red inner bristles. This brush is designed to be used with hot water im sure. But I do use it for cleaning pvc gutters. I ended up using it for washing painted surfaces, after buying the gardiners cladding brush, the sill brush seemed to do a better job on that particular job.

I'd be careful with really stiff bristles as there for hot water use and maybe ok on non delicate surfaces, you may find they could scratch window frames/glass if used cold.

I'd of gone for the medium mixed one, I bought there flocked sill brush last night for a new gutter/fascia brush.

DONT USE THEM ON GLASS if you not running hot water they will leave scratches on weak thin old glass

i have the standard medium mixed sill brush, best brush ive used, great on first cleans, conny roofs, guttters and facias.

cant see any reason to use anything else.

The only other brush i have is a vikan as a backup, cant see the point buying loads of brushes, when this one wears out ill buy another

The flocked is a more thorough clean but also takes longer to clean with as it doesn't glide as well as it is scrubbing more slowing it down

I have 4 brushes ultimate flock great, flocked sill, cladding which flocked and a medium mix I prefer the flocked brush myself and use them for everyday cleaning.

The medium mixed won't scratch glass either but the bristles can skip over bits but the flocked scrubs more due to the loads of extra filaments at the ends of the bristles

Back