What is the best van floor coating?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 6, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I need to line the floor of my van to water proof it, i'm trying to decide on the best way to do this, ive hear of the protektorate anti-slip paint t but i'm am trying to find a a sort of platic liner that i can install in my van similar to the type that you would find in the back of modern pickup trucks but so far i can seem to find anywhere that does it at a reasonable price has anyone any ideas or alternatives?

col :)
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011

Have used Protectakote - brilliant.

If you want a removeable liner you could make a tray out of plywood, and then Protectakote it - best of both worlds??

3. I used blue protecta Kote in my connect and to cover properly used 3 tins. It goes on much better with a roller because it has rubber granuals in it.
    However - whilst it is water proof and will no doubt protect your van, in my mind it is not that good because it forms a layer which can be peeled at a later date should you want to sell the van minus the Protecta Kote which means if you scuff it you end up with digs (hard to explain).
    For example - you will have heavy hose reels etc which you will plonk in and out of your van all day. I can guarantee that by then end of day one you will have lifted some of the paint which will p*ss you off.
    Therefore go to a proper DIY store and but 2 - 3 metres of rubber matting. My shop sells it off a roll whcih comes at 125cm wide - perfect width for a van. Just buy and fit to the base of your van so you have double protections.
    I put this under my tank before I fitted it as it offers non-slip protection.

Attached Files: