What is the best waterfed pole brush?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 30, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I am currently using a dual trim pencil jet gardiner 12 inch brush. Do all brushes have pencil jets or is there any with spray jets on the market?

col :p
  2. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    You can either get them fitted with Fan jets or fit them yourself,I use a Gardiner monofilament dual trim super light brush with fan jets as my every day brush,Got a Flock dual trim super light brush as well for first cleans and conservatory roofs when I want something a little softer to move the dirt around with :p
  3. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Sill saver 4 me there brill:

Gardener are bring out a sill and window brush too soon :))
  4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I use a Gardiner super-lite extreme mono filament as my main brush, Super-lite double trim mono filament for first cleans, and a big old Brodex Sill brush for super dirty conservatory roofs (the weight sometimes helps).

I seem to be a bit of a pendulum - used pencil jets, then changed over to fan jets, now back on pencil jets - probably be back on fan jets soon. :)

Gardiner's don't recommend using fan jets in some of their brushes as the stock could be weakened - but there are quite a few that have fitted them and are happy. My concern though would be that the brush comes with pencil jets that are flush with the stock of the brush - if you put fan jets in then it may hit the window with a bit of vigorous scrubbing.

I have used a few 16" brushes, but find it difficult to get enough pressure.

In my opinion, there is so much choice of brush & pole, it is essential to get them matched. My old aluminium Brodex pole was so heavy, but it didn't seem to matter which brush you fitted. Not the same with my Gardiner clx27 - if I fit the Brodex sill brush it sways all over the place, and is nowhere near as good as when the super-lite extreme is fitted.

Haven't tried the Tecbuk brushes - I know lots of people like them, but find them a bit small. Didn't really like a few post's they put on another forum saying that Gardiner's didn't really know as much as they did. Even if that is the case - the brush should stand on it's own merits. Will probably try one soon though - so I can make my own mind up.
  5. CL-X Carbon Composite Pole Brush is the best water pole brush. Easy Grip Handle Surface. Positive Stops on Sections. Insulated Handle Section.
  6. thats a pole your talking about this threads about brushes :)
  7. Tecbuk brushes are awesome!!!

They are maybe a tad more expensive, but oh my gosh do they work! I use one (dual trim) and it is so quick to work with and super light! A real pleasure to use :)

My advise....give it a go. Mention Jeremy if you do ;)