Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pay rises all round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Danfire don't be a plonker, £15k is what your supposed to pay your part time helpers! After their wages you only earned £10'600 last year including the income from your regular job!!

Or just send me the form I will file your tax assessment for you. /emoticons/smile.png)

@Danfire don't be a plonker, £15k is what your supposed to pay your part time helpers! After their wages you only earned £10'600 last year including the income from your regular job!!
Or just send me the form I will file your tax assessment for you. /emoticons/smile.png)
Cheers Green...I need to stick my hand in my pocket and pay an accountant, I'm too honest and wouldn't be able to sleep if I pulled some of the stunts they do.

As some know, I do rather well in the world of cleaning (not as well as some think, or some others on here claim they do) I just had to meet my accountant to sign off last years returns.

I will pay a grand total of £161 in ta for the 2014/2015 year. /emoticons/smile.png)

I guess I had better do a mornings work on Monday so Her Majesty can have her slice. /emoticons/tongue.png

Getting an accountant was the single smartest thing I ever did, loads of business advice (mine also has loads of connections and likes to network his customers) and all my tax papers sorted for me.

As some know, I do rather well in the world of cleaning (not as well as some think, or some others on here claim they do) I just had to meet my accountant to sign off last years returns.
I will pay a grand total of £161 in ta for the 2014/2015 year. /emoticons/smile.png)

I guess I had better do a mornings work on Monday so Her Majesty can have her slice. /emoticons/tongue.png

Getting an accountant was the single smartest thing I ever did, loads of business advice (mine also has loads of connections and likes to network his customers) and all my tax papers sorted for me.
Please expand on the first paragraph green.

It's pretty self explanatory Tuffers, but if I stuttered I would be happy to repeat myself.
'Or some others on here claim they do'

What does that mean? Are people making out they are doing better than they really are in your opinion?

My sister-in-law is my accountant. Traditionally in-laws are very strange lol. We do have a difference in opinion a majority of the time. But. she's bloody good at her job - letters after her name. I'll give her that. But.. something simple like crossing the road of life would confuse the #@$& out of her. The only time we see her is when her private life is going well. Which ain't bloody often lol... Bless her...

for talk sake u owe 3 grand in tax at the end of the year ur accountant informs u and tells u options do u need any new equipment ie powerwasher or gutter vac for talk sake it bes deducted from your bill when you give the invoice in but it needs to be things that can be sold on like vans and big equipment

im with green here

if u get accountant and be honest with them and pay a few quid u will have him saving money for you everywhere

Really none of your business is it?
I must have said a dozen times on this forum. GET AN ACCOUNTANT they know how to save you money.
Sorry if it's none of my business green ...

You put it on here mate !

Sorry if it's none of my business green ...You put it on here mate !
I put on here how much tax I had to pay @Taxlossloz I put nothing on here about how my accountant came to that figure.

However if you are that keen to know you could always file an FOI request with companies house and read through it yourself. /emoticons/smile.png

Your comment I found equivocal to you saying 'I earned £30k last year' and my reply being 'well lets see a copy of your books to prove it!' - really none of my business how you earned it is it?

All this petty bickering and bullshit is getting a bit tiresome now

Why post on a thread like this and when asked about it get the hump?

Maybe if you have done so well with the taxman other people may want to know how so that they could maybe do it themselves and save a few quid

I thought this forum was meant for people to help each other not just to big themselves up

Last edited by a moderator:
This place is getting like ciu

I might just jack it in as am fed up with all the bo llox

It's like being at school sometimes

This place is getting like ciuI might just jack it in as am fed up with all the bo llox

Bye then!

Don't just cry about it get on with it Davey.

Firstly, my books are the concern of no one else on here, that's just a fact.

Secondly, The comment I made about my tax return was intended as nothing more than an incentive to show those (that primarily spend half the time bit**ing about taxes) just how little you can actually have to pay in a tax year when you understand it.

Thirdly, I have many times already answered the question of 'how does green pay so little tax?' GET AN ACCOUNTANT!

Lastly, even though it is free to get yourself a free 30 minute consultation and then after that (providing you do some basic book keeping throughout the year) only between £120-£150 to have an accountant handle your self assessments there are plenty on here that will take the approach of '£150? well I aint paying that, i'll save the money and do it myself' well if you are earning enough to pay tax then that is a false economy.

Whilst only paying £161 this year in tax we pay our accountant some £1440 per year for our book keeping (this is because he also handles other interests for us as well as window cleaning business, also handles all the payroll, pensions etc) so really you could say that I have paid £1601 in taxes if you take into consideration my accountant fees but he is worth every single penny.

As you know from another thread I am currently working on expansion and have on my accountants advice just placed a 'pre order' for three van systems for next year, however I do not expect to get the first till spring then two more around the summer, however the systems are paid for and will be dispatched by the supplier upon request.

It's not always as straight forward as 'can I deduct my new trainers?'. Answer? I don't know but my accountant will! So in short what I am saying is get an accountant!

This place is getting like ciuI might just jack it in as am fed up with all the bo llox

Dont go Daveyboy.....If you were closer then I would pour you a glass of my extra strong rhubarb wine.....that would help.

Back