Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook friends

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
I've had a business facebook page for a while through girlfriends account-with good resonse over last year-i've just set my own personal account up with my business page as a easy click link on it ive noticed a spike in the actual pages interest- ANYWAYY my question is do you add local customers as friends personally? as in seek out customers? and if you have a request off a customer do you accept? pros and cons are in my mind- You swear like a trooper and share and like controversial pages and links on facebook? politics? race? brexit? this could potentially be damaging to your local customer base? and the pro i can see is if your friends with local customers and they like your page when you do post something work related i.e latest special offer mine being a free biocidewash treatment with every pressure washing job undertaken in feb (slow month) they are more likely to get in touch regarding that offer/more add on work as you allready know them and have built a good custie relationship ? am i a boring barstar**d and need to wind my neck in? /emoticons/biggrin.png what do you all do? what is working for you in regards to facebook?

I have a handful of customers on my friends list but i have had those customers for years and i know they are on the same wavelength with regards to politics etc but i wouldn't want the general public seeing my personal posts as they are private

I have a handful of customers on my friends list but i have had those customers for years and i know they are on the same wavelength with regards to politics etc but i wouldn't want the general public seeing my personal posts as they are private
yeah im very careful personally with what i post on there ive had friend request see from say mrs macdonald whos is a regular window cleaner customer of mine- im in the postition of do i accept? ignore request or deletewhich might seem offish as she will realise aftera while that i dont want to be facebook friends if you so what i mean

But she is a customer not a friend

She should understand that you have to draw that line

Encourage them to 'like' your business page rather than your personal one. I've ended up becoming friends with three or four of my customers and they've added me on my personal page but like @daveyboy says, you don't want every Tom, **** and Harry seeing your personal stuff.

@Adams0211 ok will do like the competition on your page just Neil- I've been thinking to do a competition myself I was thinking about giving away a free service myself whether that be a free gutter clean or a patio clean maybe- vouchers may be cheaper I've noticed that with better the giveaway better the response-

@Adams0211 ok will do like the competition on your page just Neil- I've been thinking to do a competition myself I was thinking about giving away a free service myself whether that be a free gutter clean or a patio clean maybe- vouchers may be cheaper I've noticed that with better the giveaway better the response-
This is the first time I've done a competition type thing so I'll see how it goes. I thought about giving away a service but realised it would be cheaper to just give some vouchers away.

I have my personal page of course and my business page, my business page gets updated and my personal page is just that. The only people on there are family and real tangible friends (as in people I visit and drink with)

It's only there for people to message me, I do not post total irrelevant tripe on it. My brothers wife has been deleted for continually posting pics of her (seriously badly cooked) dinner and comments like 'oh I deserve this glass of wine'

Brother in law deleted as always getting notifications 'Just checked in at Starbucks, just checked in at the Gym, just checked in for prostate exam' blah blah blah..

Get a life!!

I personally do not care for 'social media' on a personal level but it works for small business.

I have tried it in the past Neil

The problem is getting enough people to have a look

I have my personal page of course and my business page, my business page gets updated and my personal page is just that. The only people on there are family and real tangible friends (as in people I visit and drink with)
It's only there for people to message me, I do not post total irrelevant tripe on it. My brothers wife has been deleted for continually posting pics of her (seriously badly cooked) dinner and comments like 'oh I deserve this glass of wine'

Brother in law deleted as always getting notifications 'Just checked in at Starbucks, just checked in at the Gym, just checked in for prostate exam' blah blah blah..

Get a life!!

I personally do not care for 'social media' on a personal level but it works for small business.
Mine is the same but i will share funny vids on it and i can't help comment on some of the political stuff that gets posted

Especially the trump stuff at the moment as it is hilarious

This is the first time I've done a competition type thing so I'll see how it goes. I thought about giving away a service but realised it would be cheaper to just give some vouchers away.
when did you start the competition your up to 40 shares allready!

when did you start the competition your up to 40 shares allready!
I started it about an hour ago. To be fair, a dozen or so of those shares were me sharing it to some local groups. I've got one new customer from it already so not too bad.

Back