Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

MEMBRANES NOT REDUCING TDS PROPERLY

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gaz

Hi all, I bought 3 membranes from pure freedom, they only bring the TDS down to 26 which is not good enough as im changing resin everyday, pure freedom say its an ok TDS reading so no refund available. I have had membranes from them before which always bring down my TDS to between 3 and 7. So I know these 3 membranes are a bit dodgy. I have bought another new set from Pure freedom and these brought it down to 3. So now im stuck with 3 membranes ive never used ( tds 26) and not a clue what to do with them, can they be sold reading 26? any ideas would be helpful

You will probably find it is only one membrane that may be a problem. It could have been coated excess with chemical and therefore needed a longer flush.

If you try one at a time in the housing and take the pure reading you should be able to find out which one.

If you are going to sell them you need to wrap them up in film cling to keep them moist because if they dry up then they will be no good.

I did try 1 at a time when I replaced them with the new set. this is how it went - tds 26 with 3 bad membranes, then tds 14 with 2 bad and 1 new good membrane, then tds 10 with 1 bad and 2 new, then tds 3 with 3 new. So it looks like all 3 played their equal part in it. Im tempted to use 1 bad out of the 3 to get tds = 10, and save the other 2 bad ones to future replacements.

Latest Posts

Back