Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water System Running Costs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam Bartlett

Hi guys I think it would be good to start a topic on the running costs of heated water systems. Be it diesel, lpg or immersion heaters. So guys lets post away!!

Hi thanks for reply. Like yours It's an lpg heater I'm the most leaned towards buying.for that 1.30 per day how much hours use is that for? It's a 2man system I have working 8-9 hours per day so I'd estimate water flows from each pole for 11hours between us both, wouldyou still estimate that still be similar to your 1.30 per day ? Thanks

not to sure on the how long the flow is on for as i dont have water flowing all the time, i just know that every 2 weeks i need to change mine, 6kg propane.

using a 2 man system guessing that you would have a week -week and a half out of a bottle the same size,

no problem, keep spare batterys if you go for the gas ones as they can run out on you, plus some heaters have a 20minute shut off for saftey too!

Thanks will certainly keep that in mind. Do you have to keep them heated all day long when below freezing? Like overnight most guys put heaters in back of van, will us guy's have to keep one in day aswell when temperatures below zero in day aswell as night? Thanks RC

I have heaters in my van to keep frost off pumps and water heater,but there is a drain off point on the heater, but you have to take water pressure off to empty heater, just depends how cold it gets and if you can get power to the van to keep heater in it or not.

i have a static ibo system at home so have heater in there but have nothing in back of van at present as just drain pumps and hose. if i just drain heater will that also just work fine too?

i use a 19kg lpg bottle , be a better size for a two man operation i would think, i bought my van with heater already fitted, i aint using it all day every day yet and still on first bottle since i started 3 weeks ago cleaning windows , ive been out on a below freezing day and the residual heat from the flue keeps the back off the van above freezing all day

Going by your amount off work youll be fine, my custies are still spaced out as new too game but water in reel is still warm when i reach next house and back off van reads + 4 even on coldest day , id fit a flue just for that reason its a big f off radiator, i know rc dissnae and has no issues.

Hi guys, I would like to ask for advice. What is recommended temperature for cleaning using hot water. I just bought LPG heater with digital temperature control and wonder what will be ideal temperature to clean. Also will I need certificate from gas engineer after I install my heater ? I'm in Norther Ireland. Thank you for all anwsers and advice.

Back