Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Personal accident insurance

Can't speak for @Cghwindowcleaning's policy, but it's usually for one off accidents @CHWS.

So for example, if you fell from a ladder and broke your arm and couldn't work for two months, it would pay you a certain amount each month (often based on your usual takings).

It doesn't cover things like ongoing problems (e.g. recurring back pain over the years), or hangovers unfortunately! Hope that helps /emoticons/smile.png

I have cover that is for any medical problem that stops me from doing my current job. It would start paying out after one month, and would pay out until retirement if needed. I know a blacksmith who has a similar policy. A horse smashed his hand to bits, he's not worked for 18 months and he will never have enough strength in has hand to go back to it. He had no problems at all getting paid. It's slightly more expensive to have it job specific.

I have cover that is for any medical problem that stops me from doing my current job. It would start paying out after one month, and would pay out until retirement if needed. I know a blacksmith who has a similar policy. A horse smashed his hand to bits, he's not worked for 18 months and he will never have enough strength in has hand to go back to it. He had no problems at all getting paid. It's slightly more expensive to have it job specific.
Exactly the same as how mine works.

It's long term cover not for the odd illness etc where you may be off for 2 weeks.

Mine is job specific.

Mines a mortgage cover policy....pays out after one month but back dated to when the accident/illness occurred and upto 12 months off work....only £8 per month premium.

Mines a mortgage cover policy....pays out after one month but back dated to when the accident/illness occurred and upto 12 months off work....only £8 per month premium.
Hi Luke, been looking into this recently. Who are you with? cheers

Back