Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Losing Customers Due to Go Cardless

Whenever I have asked anyone for there bank details they always give me a funny look and then say no thanks

Having a shaved head and goatee doesn't help I look like a debt collector, lol

I even thought about getting a card reader like the ones at macky d's but a wireless one, I thought it would be cool using with my customers, I asked a few and they thought it was some type of trick to get there details and started the whole funny look thing again. So cash, online and cheques it is

Just stay as u r mate. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. If u get paid for the work u do then there's no prob. People don't like change

Sent a mass text to all customers with mobiles asking if anyone wanted to sign up received a text back saying, " We don't give out our bank details so we won't be requiring a window cleaner anymore thanks for the service", thankfully I replied saying paying cash is still an option and they have continued wish I hadn't have sent the texts out.
Looks like my text in general has been a success just had text saying "the gate is open do you want us to pay by BACS as usual or start the new way now my email address is ..............., I'd show you the text if I new how to transfer it to a laptop?

Been using GoCardless for about 2 years now I have over a 100 custys on it and new custys are required to sign up before the first clean commences , I have had very issues when I tell them all the headlining info Like twice as secure as your own bank , they are Uk's No1 D.D provider and the likes of Virgin , Thomas Cook and the Financial Times use them .

Plus they sign up on my site with some info to reassure them www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk/pay-your-bill.html

I haven't done evening cash collections for about 2 years now and I would estimate by stopping evening cash collections I am saving well over £2,000 a year

Back