Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Crossed window pattern

richard123456

kitchen_a.jpg__300x300_q85_subsampling-2.jpg
Anyone know what to do with these?

Ones that have like a pattern on it? but from the outside

imo, it's generally best not to applicate the whole window, unless it's especially dirty. I put a line of water in a stripe with the end of my applicator across the middle of the window, then clean dry scrim over the top of it. If it's a window that's almost clean as a whistle already, then sometimes you can get away with just a scrim, especially if your scrim is already damp and you use a lot of detergent in your water

yep the blade it method does work okay I have used it many a time it does leave water around the lead but that gets polished out...if you dont use wfp..:rolleyes: then a spray with any solution and polish works well ...with mr taytay cloths or microfibre by er ..ask mr taytay..he has the link paragon.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Think I need to buy a scrim, he seems to make it look very easy, didn't think a blade would go over that and pick up any water.
If you're not a window cleaner, you can get away with just a tea towel. Get one tea towel soaked in water with lots of washing up liquid (think greenish water) then wring out quit heavily. Mop the window with that, then use a clean dry tea towel after it. Mop and scrim. Also make sure the dry tea towel isn't washed in fabric softener.

I've often wondered about using that stuff the opticians use after you've done the cleaning part, just wipe on and it evaporates.

Back