Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grey stains on glass - looks like etch cream

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

what are these and how to get rid of them ?! the scraper doesn't help at all ...

2014_04_01_10_42_40.jpg

left corner

2014_03_28_11_32_32.jpg

Hi Sdrah,

Some times you can find if the windows hadnt been cleaned before you started or even if they had the constant rain causes runs and drips from the lint above the window frame, they are mixed with limescale and can cause what I think I see in the pic, it can also cause spotting on the windows aswell. If you look a the top of particuarly the white pvc frame you can see where the run is comming from as it is running down the frame on to the windows. I have never come up with a decent solution unfortunately but often throught of trying limescale remover.

Si

There are also different types of stain & hard water removers you could try that most good window cleaning suppliers will stock.

oh i see - thanks guys if is a kind of limescale then I will try domestos ZERO which works on shower screens perfect - ive tried it so should be ok on windows too

29335.jpg

hi let us know if it works sdrah i have a few like that...i pretend i cant see them but of course i can....and its annoying...yes i tried the blade ..didnt work for me either...

hi let us know if it works sdrah i have a few like that...i pretend i cant see them but of course i can....and its annoying...yes i tried the blade ..didnt work for me either...
I was pretending as well until last week - when the owner (a retired lady) said - Here , take this chair hope you can reach that window this time ?!

lol

so I have explained her that has nothing to do with her chair and I promised to remove them next time

What i have started doing is if there are tough marks on the windows that i struggle to get of i now make a point of saying to customer. I think its best to say to them rather that the customer digging you up about it.

I was pretending as well until last week - when the owner (a retired lady) said - Here , take this chair hope you can reach that window this time ?! lol

so I have explained her that has nothing to do with her chair and I promised to remove them next time
oh they can be a bug ger them custys

Back