Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning the inside of windows

• Thread starter DoubleACleaningServices
  • Start date
D

DoubleACleaningServices

I need a bit of advice as ive been asked to clean a pub inside and out.

how do you clean the inside if your waterfed pole?

I don't have any equipment to clean insides, ive always said i don't do it.

this is a big job though so i don't want to turn it down.

Any help would be appreciated as ive got to go back again today and let him know.

If its a big job you should just go buy a mop and blade, you will always have them for the next inside job and it will be the best way for insides. You should get sorted for around £30

Even if your water fed you should always have trad tools in your van I would invest in sone if I was you pal.

Always start with a dry clean by dusting, sweeping and vacuuming away dirt before wiping with a wet cloth. To clean windows best, start at the top first and work down to the bottom.

wtf kind of advice is that??

DoubleA you need some old fashioned tools a squeegy, applicator and a scrim,

still amazes me that window cleaners dont know how to clean windows

when i bought my stuff i spend £60 on trad tools incase i ever needed them

3-4 weeks down the line got asked to do a job inside and out so just practised on my own windows for a few days and i got them protty clean no runs streaks or anything so cant complane to much and the job i did i was well happy with so was the customer.

i charge per hr inside myself dunno about anyone else iv heared people charging double for insides

its a must imo maby 90% of your work will be wfp but when u get asked to clean inside of connys or French doors u need to be rdy to say no problem give me 5 lol

btw mate the site looks awesome now good work love it

you can`t call yourself a window cleaner if you can`t use a squeegee and a scrim you must learn you will end up turning down some great jobs if you don`t` learn

In the last year ive been asked twice to clean insides as a one off, so obviously i just said no.

Id assume being called a window cleaner means you clean windows, whatever the method, am i wrong or should i be carrying around equipment which costs money just to look good? Thats not really part of business plan.

Now ive got a job that requires it i will be purchasing the equipment as its profitable for me.

Is it worth getting a good kit as its every 2 weeks, what brands are worth considering?

I am wfp but 3-4 times a week i clean a inside window and to be honest it a nice break normally when you do a inside you get a couple of tea as well , i should think for £30-40 you would get a good kit it is a must

HOPE THIS HELPS I USE UNGER

I also use unger.. Like marks video I would get yourself a 6inch and a 14inch channel, ergo tec handle, a 14inch mop, and a scrim or 2. Maybe a few spare rubbers.. A bucket if you haven't got 1. 4inch maxi sSwear word!er blade is good for inside cleaning as you can get some stubborn stuff on the insides! If you wanted you could also get a pouch and bucket on a belt which are handy to hold everything

Yes where can you buy a kit from for £30 - £40 Mark M? i have no idea where sells this stuff.

yes ive watched a few videos and il have a go on my own windows this weekend.

Hate to say it but it actually looks quicker than water fed pole haha.

In the last year ive been asked twice to clean insides as a one off, so obviously i just said no.

Id assume being called a window cleaner means you clean windows, whatever the method, am i wrong or should i be carrying around equipment which costs money just to look good? Thats not really part of business plan.

Now ive got a job that requires it i will be purchasing the equipment as its profitable for me.

Is it worth getting a good kit as its every 2 weeks, what brands are worth considering?
not part of your business plan? so you only buy stuff if jobs worth it,

trad is part of window cleaning and should be in the back of everyones van

Il have a good look for a nice set ive seen an Unger set looks like everything i need. so il order that.

Exactly that i buy what i need when i need it, why have money sitting in the back of my van for a year until i need to use it?

Trad is part of window cleaning if you plan to clean windows in the traditional manner, up until now i haven't.

I bought what i needed and nothing more, now i need it, im going to buy it.

I'm also trad but have 2 backpacks in the van and a pole and use them at least twice a week. If the hosepipe ban had been serious and you couldn't use your wfp what would you have done then? Learn trad and wfp and it's another feather in yer cap. And yes can't beat unger.

"Id assume being called a window cleaner means you clean windows, whatever the method, am i wrong or should i be carrying around equipment which costs money just to look good? Thats not really part of business plan."

i would assume being called a window cleaner would mean being able to clean windows, inside and out, glass has 2 sides

knowing how to clean trad is important imo even tho i aint 100% yet far from it

but no u dont have to know how to do it to be a window cleaner as 1 customer said to me i dont care how thay get cleaned as long as thay are clean lol

to be a window cleaner you need to be able to clean the insides if a customer asks you to, if you cant then imo you cant really call yourself a window cleaner

To clean window sills, pour a little diluted rubbing alcohol on a cloth and rub the entire surface. The spots will disappear and the sills will look freshly painted.

Latest Posts

Back