Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Windows Issue

Leeds

Hi guys,

Quick question, been asked to clean some windows on a new built house, the windows still have the protective stickers on the frames and some residue on the glass (so I'm gonna have to physically get up there myself before wfp washing them).

My question is, apart from a scraper, scrims, applicator and washing up liquid, is there anything else that I will need (or may need)? Is there anything on new Windows that i need to lookout for, or any special chems that I may need to use?

Thank you!

Meridion

yep as learnt off here thankyou who ever you were....sticky stuff...off ebay..:thumbsup:

ya can own up who ever you were and I will give you full credit....

oh hate new build...oh its nightmare time again ...er...anyway ..er..good luck with that one..its a piece of **** er...most of the time...:eek:

er wow..er..just a minute ..meridion..I came to this site by accident when working sub as a new house cleaner....if its houseproud knustford ...trust cheapie do a runner...barbara.....hmmm sweet as a pie to my face but ...a blood from a stone to get ya money...

get ur self a strong solvent and a few magic spunges for any greasy marks wrks a treat check for scraches an point them out b 4 u clean the glass as well lol as the wc allways gets the blame:rolleyes:

look out for silicone on the glass , be sure your scraper has a brand new blade before you start

yep tenchy on the ball as usual.../emoticons/biggrin.png
barsteward builders...scratch and go...
I had a new built bungalow today in and out

7 clusters of windows aand only 1 or 2 panes without at least 1 scratch or chip

Told her they would be bad and showed her afterwards when all the other muck was off

Mainn thing is to point out there will be marks straight away if you notice any..show them 1 and say there's more like that..then they aren't gonna blame you

Back