Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem With Vyair Digital Pump Controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jaywig

I have a Vyair digital pump controller connected to a pressure switch on my pump. I keep getting DE (dead end) messages on the pump controller. I have increased the cal value on the pump controller but this has only solved the problem temporarily.

I've checked the pipes and fittings for blockages and they're all clear. I've dismantled, cleaned and reassembled the pump but this hasn't helped.

Does anybody know what might be causing the DE message? Shall I replace the pressure switch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

DE is nothing to do with the pressure switch, its the controller sensing the flow is stopping and turns the pump off. What pump are you using it with, and what is the flow and cal set at?

Have you tried doing the auto CAL?

DE is nothing to do with the pressure switch, its the controller sensing the flow is stopping and turns the pump off. What pump are you using it with, and what is the flow and cal set at?

Have you tried doing the auto CAL?
Thanks for the info re the DE message.

I'm using an E-Chen pump. Similar to this one http://www.e-chen.com.cn/En_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=466

I'm had to lower the CAL sensitivity just to get the pump to work. It's at 99. I've tried auto CAL but after 5 minutes it was still flashing away. How long should it take?

I think it might be an airlock as some of the hoses from the tank to the reel are leaky. I'll seal the leaks and see if that helps.

what flow are you using it on and pencils or fan jets

DE means Dead End, more than likely that you have an airlock somewhere.
I'm using fan jets.

It could be an airlock as I do have some leaky hoses between the tank and reel so air is getting in. I'll seal the leaks and see how I get on.

Thanks for your help.

Try doing a manual calibration start at 50 and see if it still DE still cuts in when the flow is on, if it does lower the cal some more

Try doing a manual calibration start at 50 and see if it still DE still cuts in when the flow is on, if it does lower the cal some more
I've tried the manual calibration and it works fine but I get the DE message when disconnect the hose from the pole, drive to the next house and reconnect. I have a small leak in the hose from the tank to the pump and one from the pump to the reel. Could it be these letting air into the system and causing the problem?

The cal value has to be at 98 or 99 for the DE message to stop appearing. I have to have the flo rate at 55+ in order to avoid getting a DE message. Any lower than this and it just wont work! It's really annoying me now. Do I need a new controller?

hope you get it sorted out!
I've tried the manual calibration and it works fine but I get the DE message when disconnect the hose from the pole, drive to the next house and reconnect. I have a small leak in the hose from the tank to the pump and one from the pump to the reel. Could it be these letting air into the system and causing the problem?
The cal value has to be at 98 or 99 for the DE message to stop appearing. I have to have the flo rate at 55+ in order to avoid getting a DE message. Any lower than this and it just wont work! It's really annoying me now. Do I need a new controller?

DE is normal even with the hose disconnected. It will do this until the pressure builds up for the pressure switch to cut.

It's perfectly normal.

DE is normal even with the hose disconnected. It will do this until the pressure builds up for the pressure switch to cut.

It's perfectly normal.

You need to sort the leaks. Trust me it affects the whole system.
Thanks for your help. It's good to know my pump or pump controller aren't faulty. I've been stopping all the leaks and the problem has become less frequent. I've still got one leak which I'm going to stop today and that should solve the problem completely.

Thank you to everybody who replied to my post and helped me out.

I think my pump or pump controller is knackered as I'm getting the DE message before I've connected the hose to my reel. I've taken the hozelock connector off the end of the hose to see if it will pump the water from the tank out onto the floor and it wont even do that. Is my pump or controller knackered?

If you have fixed alot of leaks. It's mean you have effected the pressure settings.

Odds on you will need to "up" the pressure setting now.

Do you know what you have got it set to

Now?

If you have fixed alot of leaks. It's mean you have effected the pressure settings.

Odds on you will need to "up" the pressure setting now.

Do you know what you have got it set to

Now?
I usually have the pressure setting at 35 or 40 when I'm working by myself. I was used to 'upping' the pressure when I needed to prime the system to get rid of airlocks. Even with the pressure at 85 I get the DE message. If I go above 85 it shows 0C on the pump controller screen but I'm not sure what that means. Any ideas? I'm getting well miffed with this now.

Latest Posts

Back