Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

F.A.O. Alex Gardiner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Hi Mr G, is there or could there be any way of buying just the tap part (the on/off plastic piece) as that is all that needs replacing on a tap normally. I've just put in an order for 3 complete taps, but all I will ever need is the on/off part. Do you or could you supply just that part?

Hi Mr G, is there or could there be any way of buying just the tap part (the on/off plastic piece) as that is all that needs replacing on a tap normally. I've just put in an order for 3 complete taps, but all I will ever need is the on/off part. Do you or could you supply just that part?
I presume that you are referring to these - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/flow-control-valves/replacement-valve-body-and-tap.html

We also are currently unable to buy just the lever handles - but we are in the process of running out of stock on these and will be replacing with our own manufactured items that we will also have spare handles for.

Yes, that's the tap. Would you agree that a tap with a solid metal lever attached directly to the tap and not screwed in with a tiny screw would be a better product?

Wow, what a coincidence. Sent my tap lever back to Gardiners today. I've had a streamline tap for 6 years, no probs. Had my Gardiners one 9 days before it broke. Desperately needs a metal tap

what do you mean too big? you can select size from the drop down list - 1/4"

I use this long handle, it's much easier to quickly shut the water

the second link is an alternative to rectus fittings most of us use, in this way you just simply push your pole tube into this fitting

EDIT

sorry here's the simpler route:

tapassembly.jpg

cleaningspot - 15.00 inc vat

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean too big? you can select size from the drop down list - 1/4"I use this long handle, it's much easier to quickly shut the water

the second link is an alternative to rectus fittings most of us use, in this way you just simply push your pole tube into this fitting

EDIT

sorry here's the simpler route:

tapassembly.jpg

cleaningspot - 15.00 inc vat
Gotcha, it's just the big lever I don't like.

Back