Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What did you do once your round was full?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

im curious what you guys n girls do/did once your round was full. call a halt to taking on new customers? if so how do you call a halt?

my business is approaching capacity , now iv just started jacking up the prices . im expecting a few customers to drop off . im wondering once the gap fills up what to do next once iv done that.

Last edited:
Hey.....well you pick and choose your jobs, drop any bad payers, drop the jobs you don't enjoy and fill them with what your happy with.

Hey.....well you pick and choose your jobs, drop any bad payers, drop the jobs you don't enjoy and fill them with what your happy with.
hey,, how is it goin Shar ? saw/heard ur van last week,engine sounded good

I made mine a lot more compact, dropped underpriced jobs that wouldn't accept an increase and put prices up across the whole round.

Good question. My plan was to just take on the extra work, do a bit of overtime for a while, and then sell it off as an established mini round.

Hey @boarcity im not to bad thanks dude, yeah vam not to bad at moment, had a couple of problems, but hopfully will be plain sailing now....

Not been on here for a while, sorry guys, have been trying to catch up on the week I had off. x

got the same problem boar must say

must thin round get rid of bad payers

got guy working with me at moment should i go for expanding with another guy or possible van

Duncs - its a dilemma . i know that next spring i will have to decide - do i expand with a 2nd van with driver [iv already got 3 workers +me in our van ] or possibly get a 6 seater van and 2 more workers that i drop off somewhere with a shedload of work and later collect at days end ,mad or what? .

or do i just keep trimming the herd so i stay exactly the same size forever-im thinking that could go stale after a while ,no challenge

Duncs - its a dilemma . i know that next spring i will have to decide - do i expand with a 2nd van with driver [iv already got 3 workers +me in our van ] or possibly get a 6 seater van and 2 more workers that i drop off somewhere with a shedload of work and later collect at days end ,mad or what? .or do i just keep trimming the herd so i stay exactly the same size forever-im thinking that could go stale after a while ,no challenge
are your guys on the ladders or W F P

was advised keep your guys close to you so you have eye on them all times

so they canny pinch your graft

on ladders . you are right about keepin your guys close , about 3 yrs ago i had a real traitor work for me,after 6 months he wanted the odd day on his own with a helper so i set it up and got a 2nd van - he wrote off my 2nd van only 2 weeks after i gave him it! then he set up on his own , poaching my work!

he eventually gave up

i dont think i could face that again !

the answer is evolution...we all want the cushy work...and not the :turd:..in the past i used to sell two rounds a year and keep the best...at the mo ...just starting to sort it out...i want a holiday...i still got work due from before the great storm of slime...but this next week should see me straightish...weather permitting of course ...i cant forget the wet ar se from last week.../emoticons/smile.png

I am over capacity at the moment boar....but still take new customers on if they are neighbours or on the same street. My general plan is to make my round as compact as possible. Its obvious, but I notice that my earnings are far greater when I am able to park the car up for the day and walk around all my houses with my ladder. At the same time, I should be deleting all the **** difficult houses from my round.....not so good at that as I tend to be friendly with most of my customers, so find it difficult to ditch.....hence I am always badly behind with my round.

Might be time for you to have a price rise as well.

Go careful with the second van. Personally I would want to be able to keep my eyes on all my workers. It might do your head in.

cheers for the advice lads ! i guess being realistic you need to be able to see your workers or at some point somebod is going to do the dirty on you .

iv recently started jacking up the prices and will do the whole lot this summer .

on ladders . you are right about keepin your guys close , about 3 yrs ago i had a real traitor work for me,after 6 months he wanted the odd day on his own with a helper so i set it up and got a 2nd van - he wrote off my 2nd van only 2 weeks after i gave him it! then he set up on his own , poaching my work!he eventually gave up

i dont think i could face that again !
thats bad crack boar thats what is on my mind too

I am over capacity at the moment boar....but still take new customers on if they are neighbours or on the same street. My general plan is to make my round as compact as possible. Its obvious, but I notice that my earnings are far greater when I am able to park the car up for the day and walk around all my houses with my ladder. At the same time, I should be deleting all the **** difficult houses from my round.....not so good at that as I tend to be friendly with most of my customers, so find it difficult to ditch.....hence I am always badly behind with my round.
Might be time for you to have a price rise as well.

Go careful with the second van. Personally I would want to be able to keep my eyes on all my workers. It might do your head in.
your right marty compact round will save you cash what with fuel costs

Back