Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got Another Customer Today Due To Some Witty Banter

Crsmck

I was up the ladder cleaning a customers windows when all of a sudden the next door neighbour comes out...

"Are you cleaning the windows" she says

To which I replied (with a straight face) "na am robbing them, I just thought I'd give their windows a quick wash since they'll have no tv to watch tonight"

She burst out laughing then asked me to start cleaning hers once I finish then monthly after that,

"Just please don't take my telly"

Just thought I'd share this with you all lol

MADE MY DAY

Haha classic, wish I was this witty, mind you, you have to have personality to go with it, so even if I said that the other person would take offence lol

When asked if I'm a window cleaner. I always so no! But I did see one at the bottom of the street. They always look lol.

I always like a carry on and a but of a yap with my customers. They seem to all take it with the fun in which it's meant.

Always like to leave on a good note

Yep you have to have a bit of banter with the punters , also remembering names is good & what they told you the last time you spoke to them on the last clean , helps build up a bond I feel.

Well done bud I also picked a newbie today gives you a right lift getting walk ups

Yep you have to have a bit of banter with the punters , also remembering names is good & what they told you the last time you spoke to them on the last clean , helps build up a bond I feel.
Well done bud I also picked a newbie today gives you a right lift getting walk ups
Yeah my thoughts exactly pal, I'm starting to get offered tea and biscuits now so I must be making a decent impression

good crack matey!! do you not find most folk are pleased to see you,its good winding up the old customers

the favourite is Duncs" never see you for ages where you been." Quite surprising how many believe you when you tell them you have been

busy cleaning the windows at Edinburgh castle it always ends in a laugh

Ha ha that's brilliant mate might try that one. The old ones try that same gag on me, I've no came up with a decent enough come back yet lol

Most customers are brilliant and happy to see us, but you always get the odd ones that are just awful I told one to keep her cash after she argued I was only due 1 weeks money when I had cleaned twice , she got really angry and threatened to get her husband to sort me out lol I said I'll not be back and wished her good luck getting a new windy as I will be warning them all off .

Most customers are brilliant and happy to see us, but you always get the odd ones that are just awful I told one to keep her cash after she argued I was only due 1 weeks money when I had cleaned twice , she got really angry and threatened to get her husband to sort me out lol I said I'll not be back and wished her good luck getting a new windy as I will be warning them all off .
Haha.....loved the very last part mate, a great touch.

I know Duncs , it was a bread and butter job not alot of money , tell you this she was a beauty (not) would not even ride it into battle lol. The odd messers I get I like them to know I have plenty of customers so don't need there cash also like too make them feel stupid , I know I shouldn't but these messers are trying it on and some even question your integrity which I have a real problem with .

Back