Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day with vanmount setup, aaaaahhhhhh

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How much are people spending on getting Van Mounts?

Also, for example, say you just had a trolley to start with but then later decided to get a van mount wouldn't you just need a hose and tank? as you could just connect the trolley to it to utilise the pump and controller?

or am i just being a mong?

I think mine cost about £600 ish. I went the DIY route and have never regretted it. If I cant do a job with my van mount, I don't bother with the job.

How much are people spending on getting Van Mounts?
Also, for example, say you just had a trolley to start with but then later decided to get a van mount wouldn't you just need a hose and tank? as you could just connect the trolley to it to utilise the pump and controller?

or am i just being a mong?
You could use a trolley system as a van mount. Like you say, all you'd need is a tank and reel.

You could use a trolley system as a van mount. Like you say, all you'd need is a tank and reel.
Cheers Tuffers

Well that's food for thought, now to convince the missus to get rid of the greenhouse so i can build an insulated shed for a static tank

If you diy a trolley you will know that the parts you use are up to the job of a van mount and will be cheap

I think smurf said he uses his pure freedom trolley as his van mount..may be wrong though

backpacks handy yes but hav,int had reliable one yet

got two reels coming of my van makes work so much easy

yes the hoses are a total pain catches on everything to start with then you learn get better & quicker

If you diy a trolley you will know that the parts you use are up to the job of a van mount and will be cheapI think smurf said he uses his pure freedom trolley as his van mount..may be wrong though
its the volume off water you carry, bish, bash, bosh, nothing to carry but your hose one hand , pole other

Was thinking about a Pure Freedom or X-Line trolley

Would consider building my own one though, i guess it all depends on how much i get in compo from being hit by that **** lol.

Cheers Tuffers
Well that's food for thought, now to convince the missus to get rid of the greenhouse so i can build an insulated shed for a static tank
Have you got a van Anthony? Get the biggest tank your payload will allow bearing in mind other weight you will be carrying :thumbsup:. I nearly went for a 250L tank when I made the change, so glad I didn't as it wouldn't last the day for me. Like I said in another post, I have a 500L tank and it was nearly empty on the last job. Mind you I did knock a lot of work out today /emoticons/smile.png

still need to do my test lol.

only ever had motorbikes, plus everytime a driving cadre came up in the army we either got sent off abroard or put on other courses ready to be sent off abroard lol.

still need to do my test lol.
only ever had motorbikes, plus everytime a driving cadre came up in the army we either got sent off abroard or put on other courses ready to be sent off abroard lol.
Love your eagerness m8

If I was going to turn up at a £10 house I'd rather have a wfp any day to a ladder it takes seconds to grab your hose and walk to the furthest window and after if takes seconds to wind a hose inVan mounts are the only way forward for any business really serious about making big money , I carry 200ltr in my car and clean on average £150 a day and always run out of water , van mount is the only way for my business to expand as more water means more work completed

Sorry dont agree. How can it be the only way forward for any business to make money. Your vans clutch goes you can't work. 2 seconds to pull yer hose out to the furthest window. Over a locked gate? Over a garage roof?

I wasn't knocking it as I think there good but to me for a small domestic easier with ladders &/or backpack.

If yer vans off the road im still working. I appreciate your opinion & think its good we can agree to disagree /emoticons/wink.png

Sorry dont agree. How can it be the only way forward for any business to make money. Your vans clutch goes you can't work. 2 seconds to pull yer hose out to the furthest window. Over a locked gate? Over a garage roof?I wasn't knocking it as I think there good but to me for a small domestic easier with ladders &/or backpack.

If yer vans off the road im still working. I appreciate your opinion & think its good we can agree to disagree /emoticons/wink.png
I can see exactly where your coming from , I've been a windy since I was 14 so 27 year and half of them were blade and applicator , even puraclenz my own business was started from a ladder but is now wfp , I was good on a ladder and still earned good money , but wfp is easily 4 times faster and a million times safer and as for the van breaking down you can now get business insurance that gives you a wfp courtesy van while yours is off the road

I'm still using an old pf trolley static in the van with 2 tanks (250 & 450) that works just fine for me in my old renault master van.

Where you would normally put the container on the pf trolley I have a gas bottle strapped in and a portable water heater mounted on the other side of and the hose reel next to it which is just inside the n/s van door for easy access. When the water heater is working I just leave the side door slightly open for ventilation. The back doors I use for access to my other gear I carry in the van which I load and unload using ramps.

It's is a very simple set up but does what I need it to do.

And yes I'm up at stupid o’clock as my missus woke me up as she has an annoying persistent cough. Bless her...

Wife has me doing the housework and I've just scrubbed the kitchen floor. Bless her /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back