Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is This...

Seriously folks gutter clearing is dangerous work so if you’re going to do upto 2 storey gutter clearing jobs from ladders then I can't recommend strongly enough that you fit an ankalad to your gutter clearing ladder & use a microlite standoff. Works well for me....

Keep safe chaps :Image9:

You really need to use one to find out.

Here are the main 3 issues I've found using a guttervac on some jobs.

1. Over hanging tiles

Gap can be very narrow between the tiles & guttering on some jobs so can make it very difficult to clear guttering properly using a guttervac.

2. Sods/weeds & trees

Trying to remove matted weeds/sods and small saplings from guttering you have to try breaking it up first with a hook type tool then mess about trying to get it out using suction or try hooking it out instead. Corners are even more difficult to clear properly as the matted sods can grow under and above the flashing. You may be able to get the bulk out but the guttering which runs under the flashing may still be block that no gutter vac head with remove.

3. Downspouts

Blocked downspouts are a pet hate with me as most jobs I do involves unblocking bends (swan necks). Most will try first to suck the blockage out but I've found it doesn't work very well so have to unblock them by hand by taking the joints apart.

Now you can see why I use that gutter clearing ladder system of mine and progutter tools etc as most of the time is quicker and less hassle than using a guttervac.

Smurf

Why isn't the gutter vac suitable for all clearing jobs then?

Ady

If you mean the silver bar with red feet at the foot of the ladder it's a stabiliser bar that came as standard with the ladder

Smurf

What is that on the foot of your ladder?

Ady

sounds like gutter vac is more halsel than its wrth m8 ill stick to ladders i think an trad pole with hook to clear them :Image3:

Yes using a guttervac can be hassle but I still find having the option to be able to use one on jobs comes in very handy indeed. For instance where you can't use a ladder safely, access issues, sucking up wet sludge from guttering etc.

Examples

This one was part cleared by hand including unblocking downspout. Due to access issues the rest of the gutter run was gutter vacuumed instead..

View attachment 3562

View attachment 3561

sounds like gutter vac is more halsel than its wrth m8 ill stick to ladders i think an trad pole with hook to clear them :Image3:

On this one the best option was to use a guttervac

View attachment 3563

If I did not have use of a guttervac as well I would of had no option but to turn those sorts of job down. Simples

I'm a gutter clearing pro you know :Image13:

Hope this helps?

On this one the best option was to use a guttervac

attachicon.gif
IMG_4202.JPG

If I did not have use of a guttervac as well I would of had no option but to turn those sorts of job down. Simples

I'm a gutter clearing pro you know :Image13:

Hope this helps?
lol. good point smurf they defo come in handy 4 them jobs

i would charge £100 maby £90 at a push i would want a few cups of t tho lol thats not a deep clean just a reg clean gutters windows an conny roof probly take me 4 hours tops maby 3 hours if i went quick :Image16:

yes m8 u need it for the sort of houses u pick up most of the jobs i get r pretty easy ones .that back gutter looks very aquad to get to but with the rite tools a lot easer an safer thats a defo gutter vac job lol

Back