Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello, you clean my windows...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

Had a custy who wanted in and out for £20. Cleaned once and cleaned outside the second time and said to myself no way am I cleaning this for a tenner. So dumped them about 6 months ago.

Just got a call... Hello you come clean my windows... You charge 20 and you clean inside and out..

Me what's tour address. Ohh no I stopped because it was too cheap. It will cost 14 for outside and qr for inside...

No its 20.

Me - no its 30 for inside and out. You where to cheap.

OK you come.

OK Tuesday.

OK

Me- and its 30 I don't want to barter for money...

Lol you only do this after you've had shxt for 2 years and are classed as a veteran windy and start putting your foot down and stop being walked over.

not so sure about your maths but...here we go...give us a number and i will pass it on when he phones me...nice and easy.

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/ill-think-about-it-not.12773/

ahh sussed your maths..you mean £60 plus £60.....nope i wouldnt touch it under £150 in and out i am under a strict new management team led by mr andy goodman...

all and i mean all leaded outside...plain inside but extra balcony glass both sides in hallway...

ahhh...i have been all morning in conversation with a new job...i swear i have done it before...tis only tiny...£5 and she wants me to go into the town where she works to pick it up....er..what...last time she hadnt left the money out as instructed so i left it and eventually she left it out for me....that was ages ago and now she had forgot who cleaned her windows and i bet she still wont leave the money out...its hard work this windy business..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Lol you only do this after you've had shxt for 2 years and are classed as a veteran windy and start putting your foot down and stop being walked over.
If I could 'like' this post twice I would, just for this^ statement. Theres a big difference to being walked over, and doing good customer service. I think nearly every well intentioned tradesman struggles to get this right in the early days of trading.

I ended up cleaning the outside and ins. Told her it's 30 this time but 32 next time as I'm not cleaning windows cheaply anymore. She was fine with it. Still she didn't want a regular clean so I think I will bump it up a little every time till she either drops or goes regular.

I ended up cleaning the outside and ins. Told her it's 30 this time but 32 next time as I'm not cleaning windows cheaply anymore. She was fine with it. Still she didn't want a regular clean so I think I will bump it up a little every time till she either drops or goes regular.
If someone doesn't want to go regular, no worries. I just charge between £2-4 per window and it makes it pay, then it becomes worth a special trip. I've had '1 offs' call me and say I was the cheapest quote going, even at these prices, since most windies aren't interested in one offs.

I have a minimum charge of £35 to do a one off clean, even if just a small terrace/bungalow. By the time you get there, unload kit and do the job, coupled with fuel costs, it needs to be considerably more than a regular clean. Easy to become a busy fool if doing these too cheap.

I charge high for one offs but on the flip side I never charge extra for first cleans on a regular..I see it as keeping custy happy and I have easy life 2nd clean onwards

But one offs need to be worthwhile

I charge high for one offs but on the flip side I never charge extra for first cleans on a regular..I see it as keeping custy happy and I have easy life 2nd clean onwardsBut one offs need to be worthwhile
Agree about first cleans..........unless I think the customer is going to be flaky / unreliable, in which case I charge a bit more.

Downside is I have 4 new cleans today and a 1 off in and out...lots of wasted time

That's why I always charge at least double on so say first cleans. That way you know for sure you are covered for the length of extra time it takes. I find ppl have no issues with this as they know how manky there windows are. Also doing so will sort time wasters out too./emoticons/biggrin.png

Downside is I have 4 new cleans today and a 1 off in and out...lots of wasted time

That's why I always charge at least double on so say first cleans. That way you know for sure you are covered for the length of extra time it takes. I find ppl have no issues with this as they know how manky there windows are. Also doing so will sort time wasters out too./emoticons/biggrin.png
This ^ exactly. They've not had a window cleaner for years therefor saving a fortune, so paying extra for a first clean should be no problem. I rarely get any problems when I quote this, most think its reasonable- (because it is).

I started doing that..even on tiny flats etc.if I have to drive there and unclamp my ladders it's gotta be worth a tenner

My neighbour still owes me a tenner for his windows..a parcel arrived for his missus today.

He ain't getting it without passing me 10 quid first:devil:

Back