Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitted System Or Diy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

Martin Sheehan

Hi all,

First post so please be gentle. I am cautiously preparing to move from sales and marketing into my own cleaning business. No real first hand experience but I have a desire to be my own boss and offer the very best service alongside my marketing experience so I am hoping to make a real go of it. I have got my head around the pressure washer and gutter cleaning aspects but am stuck on the pure water system. Do I purchase a DIY system or buy the proprietary system from brodex / ionicsystems / pure freedom. No problem with the DIY aspect by I am concerned about the end result and quality of the water. Is the additional cost of buying a full working system going to be worth it or does a DIY system give you just the same quality water? I live in a hard water area so RO is a must.

Any help or advice is most gratefully received and apologies for the war and peace length of the post.

what location are you?

im also in a hard water area and use a DIY system, and works fine! i have bult my own pump boxes and that works. as long as your water is good you will have no problem!

DIY is cheaper than buying a ready made one too!

With no experience why become a window cleaner.? It's not as easy as you think. If you want an easy option do something different, weather is against us and it gets very tough on cold miserable days. Then there's the people.

With no experience why become a window cleaner.? It's not as easy as you think. If you want an easy option do something different, weather is against us and it gets very tough on cold miserable days. Then there's the people.
Hi there,
Not quite sure where you got the "easy option" aspect of my plans but many thanks for your input. I have no misgivings about how hard it will be but I would rather graft for myself rather than stay corporate! Also the idea of starting with nothing and building a business is very appealing indeed as I will plan to incorporate gutter cleaning / valeting and driveways and patios into the services offered.

Thanks again!

it dont mater wot u biy thay all make 0 parts per million so if u whont to wast muny go for ionics ,
Thanks for that insightful reply! Wasting money is what I am trying to avoid but I was just asking to see if there was any difference in performance so cheers for setting me straight on that one.

if u got water meater u nead a 40 40 RO ,less wast but if no meater and good water presher go for mrlin RO

I don't see why there would be differences in performance. As long as you do your homework a DIY system can be a very reliable method.

I personally got my tank fitted as was the only way for my van without making it unsafe, I then DIY the system.

When it comes to water purification though I did buy a set system as it seemed as expensive as DIY for me, and you're assured it will do a job.

You seem very motivated so as long as you do your homework you should be fine either way.

if u got water meater u nead a 40 40 RO ,less wast but if no meater and good water presher go for mrlin RO
im on a mater meter and on a normal RO system! no problems here plus its not that expensive as people think! less than a £9 for 1000lts pure!! including waste water cost!

im on a mater meter and on a normal RO system! no problems here plus its not that expensive as people think! less than a £9 for 1000lts pure!! including waste water cost!
u can get your wast redused ask the water co

Another biker joins the ranks. Welcome. Can't make the bike out (I'm viewing on a 7" tablet). Is that a Yoshi tri oval?

I've just fitted a DIY in my van. I already had the poles and di vessels. It cost me £570 and I reckon I bought the biggest and the best.

Don't jump in head first in respect of buying your gear. Read up on it. I didn't have a Scooby about wfp until I joined here. I'm a bloody know it all now, well not quite /emoticons/biggrin.png.

IMG_20130502_201944_zps268221cc.jpg

/emoticons/biggrin.png

@ OP can you let us know where you are. As i wouldnt mind helping depending on location.

I built mine and it was an effort, but at least i saved a few ££££

Latest Posts

Back