Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitted System Or Diy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

?? You've lost me. What is happening.?? Me give points how? And if there are points to be had, how do I get some? I need the highest score.!
Click the green arrow on all of my posts. That should sort it out ;-)

With no experience why become a window cleaner.? It's not as easy as you think. If you want an easy option do something different, weather is against us and it gets very tough on cold miserable days. Then there's the people.
Arent you helpfull... Well all started some where. Weather it was working for someone first or just started out on there own.

Arent you helpfull... Well all started some where. Weather it was working for someone first or just started out on there own.
Some people think wfp window cleaning is simple to use just by watching professional experienced window cleaners who make it look a doddle. It's a big learning curve and helpful, yes.

You must asses your motivation and reasons for wanting to start your own business, simple steps in preparing a business plan.

Lack of hands on experience. If you are located close to me come and have a go, I do plenty of friends houses who won't mind you practicing on their windows.

I would help anyone wanting to start up. I gained experience working for other people first so was fully up to speed before starting out on my own.

Hi all,

I really appreciate all the input. First post and blown away by the support for a newb like me.

I am in Oxford if anyone is local (ish!) wondeRing what the difference in quality would be or the below comparison:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-400-LTR-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING-VAN-SYSTEM-/250810545039?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3a6579338f

Or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-fed-Pole-Wash-window-cleaning-System-HW-Twin-tank-van-mount-RO-system-/181115278027?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item2a2b4fd2cb

And

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/window-cleaning-van-k-system-650lt-2man-1994-/290903001517?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item43bb2b89ad

If the extra outlay gives me a better quality water and more consistently then no problem but if there is nothing to be gained - why play extra! The one thing that I have not got which would answer this is experience for which I humbly ask your guidance.

Cheers again all.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another biker joins the ranks. Welcome. Can't make the bike out (I'm viewing on a 7" tablet). Is that a Yoshi tri oval?I've just fitted a DIY in my van. I already had the poles and di vessels. It cost me £570 and I reckon I bought the biggest and the best.

Don't jump in head first in respect of buying your gear. Read up on it. I didn't have a Scooby about wfp until I joined here. I'm a bloody know it all now, well not quite /emoticons/biggrin.png.
Hi there,

It's my beloved srad 750, any pointers on the kit you purchased? The system quotes so far are all north of £3500!!!!

Thanks a lot

Thank you for that, was gutted to read that! I may be hopelessly inexperienced but I am positive that hard work, bucket loads of good marketing and a mix of luck will yield results! Coming from sales it's a lot of rejection but the occasional diamond pops up which makes the days worthwhile and happy customers give you the energy to get over the unhappy ones.

Oh and you are in Oxford....................

JDMW lives in oxford (Just Do My Windows)

He posts on here most days mate.

Hi there,It's my beloved srad 750, any pointers on the kit you purchased? The system quotes so far are all north of £3500!!!!

Thanks a lot
I got a gixxer K5 750. Window cleaning don't give you quite the same buzz :)

Sounds like Dammo will sort you out mate.

P.S. have you got a van, you'll need one!

hi nitraclean,don't know where where to start on the kit thing,diy is the way to go,but as your round grows so will the size of tank(if van mounted)also different size of poles to suit jobs-god it never ends-backpacks/water butts/trolleys it never ends.

do a lot of research and asking,start off slowly and build the kit you need to suit the round you have at the time,as you progress and have a larger round then you will be better prepared to upgrade for not much more(at this point you will have all the pumps reels/poles etc)it takes a while till you get there-in short don't go for a tailor made stystem you'll out grow it in no time,go diy and grow from there

hi nitraclean,don't know where where to start on the kit thing,diy is the way to go,but as your round grows so will the size of tank(if van mounted)also different size of poles to suit jobs-god it never ends-backpacks/water butts/trolleys it never ends.do a lot of research and asking,start off slowly and build the kit you need to suit the round you have at the time,as you progress and have a larger round then you will be better prepared to upgrade for not much more(at this point you will have all the pumps reels/poles etc)it takes a while till you get there-in short don't go for a tailor made stystem you'll out grow it in no time,go diy and grow from there
Thanks for that, was pretty much there on DIY and the organic growth idea is great plus having the ability to tear down and rebuild to needs is a blinding shout.

Many thanks

Some people think wfp window cleaning is simple to use just by watching professional experienced window cleaners who make it look a doddle. It's a big learning curve and helpful, yes.

You must asses your motivation and reasons for wanting to start your own business, simple steps in preparing a business plan.

Lack of hands on experience. If you are located close to me come and have a go, I do plenty of friends houses who won't mind you practicing on their windows.

I would help anyone wanting to start up. I gained experience working for other people first so was fully up to speed before starting out on my own.
You see... thats better. You should have told him that /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back