Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Rise strategy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi just joined recently and I'm impressed with how active and helpful this forum is!

I've been aware for a while that my prices are getting seriously out of date for a while (many haven't gone up since I started in 2006!) I'm having a general price rise this new tax year but I'm wondering:

Do most windys match inflation rate or just put it up £1 every few years etc?

Do customers in your experience prefer going up £1 at a time more often or bigger jumps of £2 - £3 less often. Some if they're to match inflation of about 2% yr need to be £3 more but don't want to scare them off (my fault for not revising the price in a decade)

Lastly, do you have any tips for getting them to accept it easier? They can be pretty tight round ere

Thanks

Put up £1 a year/18 months until your happy with the price, by the time you do the next rise most would have forgot. Most will be fine they've had it good for so long they are probably expecting it. If you do lose a couple, replace with better priced work

Put up £1 a year/18 months until your happy with the price, by the time you do the next rise most would have forgot. Most will be fine they've had it good for so long they are probably expecting it. If you do lose a couple, replace with better priced work
Wont matter if you loose a few. The inocme from the rises on the rest will more than compenste. Less work more money.

I think a pound every couple of years seems fair. Every year might get a bit excessive.

When I'm rest for a rise I reckon I'll look at each job on its own merit and try to get them all in line based on time taken.

I always do it at the beginning of a new year. Quite often when I first started cleaning, every January I was asked if the prices had gone up. I think that's when the customers expect it /emoticons/smile.png

No price rise in 11 years then all go up by £2-3 minimum , I live up north so for me a £1 price rise every 3-4 years and customers happily accept it and my prices are at the top .

I always do it at the beginning of a new year. Quite often when I first started cleaning, every January I was asked if the prices had gone up. I think that's when the customers expect it /emoticons/smile.png
Yeah, I often get asked in January if the price had risen and I usually say no (Probably should have said yes on reflection) but I was thinking of doing it in May or June when the weather gets warmer. My thought in January was that it would be easier for them to say to forget it, bolstered by the poor weather conditions then, as opposed to later in the year. Just my thought process at the time. Defo going for an increase of a quid though in a couple of months......it might help get shot of a couple of messers . Havn't had an increase in 2 years so its due.

What I've done is let custy know a couple of cleans prior, never a complaint and only lost one but they were a nightmare payer. They get used to the fact that it's happening

I've just started this week putting mine up and just told them the previous clean what they were going up to and cash payers then usually have the right cash. Not lost any yet.

Latest Posts

Back