Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much hose on your Wfp trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slipknot

Hey guys so been practicing with my Wfp and loving it but.i got the reinforced hose from gardiner 30m

I don't seem to be using more than 7 meters of extra hose when cleaning top windows so I was wondering do any of you use less than 30 meters of hose?

Hey guys so been practicing with my Wfp and loving it but.i got the reinforced hose from gardiner 30m
I don't seem to be using more than 7 meters of extra hose when cleaning top windows so I was wondering do any of you use less than 30 meters of hose?
I too bought the micro-bore hose and think its great and doesn't kink and with the uni-valve fitted in the pole so i can stop the flow by pulling the hose works great . I use all 30 metres and lately have been leaving trolley either at front of the job or even in the van. The problem that I have found however is that because you cant see the trolley is you run out of water and get air in your system which does my head in. I have fitted a 125 ltr tank now in my Berlingo and hook it up to my trolley to it as well as carry a few 25 ltr containers, so i have the best of both worlds.

When i had my diy trolley with reel on it i used 30m of microbore with 30m of pole hose

That was perfect as i would leave it outside 1 house and do a couple more without moving it

I too bought the micro-bore hose and think its great and doesn't kink and with the uni-valve fitted in the pole so i can stop the flow by pulling the hose works great . I use all 30 metres and lately have been leaving trolley either at front of the job or even in the van. The problem that I have found however is that because you cant see the trolley is you run out of water and get air in your system which does my head in. I have fitted a 125 ltr tank now in my Berlingo and hook it up to my trolley to it as well as carry a few 25 ltr containers, so i have the best of both worlds.
Hi David, I have diy trolley, and when I get air in system through running out of water is i put brush head on ground so its lower than pump with pump and univalve all on , should all start flowing in seconds. John.

I work with 25mtrs of PU hose. Keeps things nice and light and it's easy to coil and carry in the hand when you learn how. Gardiner's green PU hose has been the best I've used to date.

On the airlock issue, if the intake hose on your trolley is 1/2inch like it is on many trollies, try switching it to 8mm microbore. It's the volume of air in this hose that goes from the barrel to the pump which causes the biggest problem. When you have changed it, All you need to do to clear an airlock is disconnect your pole hose on the output side of the trolley so there is as little back pressure as possible and turn your flow to full. Then reconnect and your done. Mine primes in about 3 seconds flat every time.

hose%20stay_05.jpg

If you are using a waterstop connector on the trolley, cut your pole hose 6 inches from the trolley and fit a JG connector so you can disconnect and allow the water to flow freely.

hose%20break.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back