Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why polish a turd?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Currently.building a round here in Derbyshire and for some reason on all new quotes I started giving three prices.

Monthly - Every 2 months and that all important one off / first clean.

The first clean price has been considerably more of course. Not just a 1.5x or a 2x but as much as I think it is worth.

All first cleans are based on full UPVC restoration and of course absolutely mint glass so the first clean is a minimum of £40 ( hourly rate) and more if I think it will be longer.

The upvc clean is not optional. Why would it be?

I explain that to be able to do my job as best I can and provide a service they will be thrilled with regularly then they need that initial deep clean in order to keep them mint moving forward.

80% of them have accepted it without question and are more than happy.

20% have ummed and arrred, wanting to think about it, ask their partner etc.

Funny thing is that 20% are all the ones that fire up the spidey senses as being major messers further down the road anyhow.

Seems like this is definantley the way forward in weeding out messers from day 1!

I give a price for 5 & 10 weekly but not for first, until now. I did 4 in row week before last and took alot longer than thought and put me out for the rest of the day. All really love first clean and the "wow" factor, so why don't I charge them for my time - I guess end of year 1 amd want the business. Doing approx 300 cleans a month means I need to manage my time a little better.

Nice shout, Green

Back