Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Gardiners Backpack...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

Just seen this on their website, coming soon:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_BACKPACK.html

Would be good for someone to review once they have one.

I can only see 2 things wrong with it:

1- You can't see the fill level from the outside (same as WCW one)

2- the controls are on the back. OK if on a trolley or whatever, but if it's on your back (it is a backpack!) then the controls are difficult if not impossible to use. On the side like the WCW is the ideal place.

Look forward to hearing more about it.

Just seen this on their website, coming soon:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_BACKPACK.html

Would be good for someone to review once they have one.

I can only see 2 things wrong with it:

1- You can't see the fill level from the outside (same as WCW one)

2- the controls are on the back. OK if on a trolley or whatever, but if it's on your back (it is a backpack!) then the controls are difficult if not impossible to use. On the side like the WCW is the ideal place.

Look forward to hearing more about it.
It will not be on sale until later in May, but I have been using it for the last 2 months, although only as an occasional tool for certain jobs.

You can just see the fill level - if you tilt the unit you can see the water level moving. The controls are on the back, but generally you do not need these if you use a flow valve on the pole as you would set you desired flow speed to start with and then just turn the valve on and off. I would not recommend to anyone using one as a backpack all of the time due to manual handling issues.

In my use of it I have found the flow control very useful and the construction quality of it has been far superior to my previous version. I will be positing on the website photos of all of the electronic connections inside as they are of a very superior quality and I am sure will stand the test of time very well.

It will be very interesting to see how they are received by the market when released.

Do people actually use them on their backs? I just put mine on the ground and use it with long pole hose with an aqua-dapter. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and hard it must be to work with it on my back. And I used to be a coalman!!

what sort of price are they going to be selling for alex ?

also what psi pump is in it

I've got a WCW version - bright orange, with their name on side. V smart. The very best that China has to offer. Instructions were a real hoot :)

alex i carry a phil hewitson 18ltr bpack all day long on my back & its great. i've got 2 so it will be a while till i need a new one but why would you not recommend using your all day ??? it looks good -- also id love to review it for ya scrounge scrounge scrounge

I had my wcw one day and decided on a trolley bugger carting that beast on my back in every clean, the only thing I struggle with putting it on a trolley is pushing the trolley and holding my pole I must look like a rite tool tripping over and thumberling around.

Hey vito they are very smart and colourful lol can see me a mile off

lol i tried a trolley out - just a cheapish b&q job nearly broke my wrist twice on 1st day & a wheel fell off next day

alex i carry a phil hewitson 18ltr bpack all day long on my back & its great. i've got 2 so it will be a while till i need a new one but why would you not recommend using your all day ??? it looks good -- also id love to review it for ya scrounge scrounge scrounge
As a retailer I would not be able to recommend it due to the potential issues with muscle strain. If you are already using it though then it should be fine. Personally I would be exhausted after a day with it on my back /emoticons/tongue.png

If you are an employer you would need to be careful to factor in time for your employees to work without it on to avoid RS claims.

oh right thats good i thought you meant it wasn't comfortable enough or something. the speed switch on mine is on the back & i'm always knocking it over when i move so if yours solves that problem it 'll be great

Also handle is on lid, far from ideal can see that coming off. WCW has them on website for 20 quid cheaper £95 they have got it as a budget backpack. It exactly the same.

na mines got a handle on the lid & i can carry by it when its full & its never come off

the wcw one is £115 delivered & your right it does look the same and as they are both released in may ???????????

Also handle is on lid, far from ideal can see that coming off. WCW has them on website for 20 quid cheaper £95 they have got it as a budget backpack. It exactly the same.
Welcome to the Forum Master Cleaner and congratulations on your first post. It will be nice to see you give a bit of background about yourself on the Introductions Section /emoticons/biggrin.png

Regarding the WCW backpack - that wasn't there a few days ago!!!!!!

We are used to products being copied whenever possible, but before we have released it must be a record.

na mines got a handle on the lid & i can carry by it when its full & its never come off

the wcw one is £115 delivered & your right it does look the same and as they are both released in may ???????????

Does their 'new' one have a flow controller?

nope doesnt mention one - i only ever use the 1 speed but i need to be able to choose which one so i wouldnt get one without it

Just been alerted to this thread, so I thought i would register!

Hey Alex, hope your well.

Just to address the 'copied' statement, following that to its logical conclusion then you guys would have 'copied' every supplier who sells backpacks!!!

We have had and tried pretty much every type of backpack out there. We have a number of models we could release but find our current version the best for our customers. The new budget backpack we have will just be an alternative for our customers, choice is always a good thing!

Yes it does have a flow controller, looking at Alex's they look identical, but of course ours is £20 cheaper!!

Just been alerted to this thread, so I thought i would register!

Hey Alex, hope your well.

Just to address the 'copied' statement, following that to its logical conclusion then you guys would have 'copied' every supplier who sells backpacks!!!

We have had and tried pretty much every type of backpack out there. We have a number of models we could release but find our current version the best for our customers. The new budget backpack we have will just be an alternative for our customers, choice is always a good thing!

Yes it does have a flow controller, looking at Alex's they look identical, but of course ours is £20 cheaper!!
Hi Stephen

Welcome to the Forum.

There I was thinking that you were 'Master Cleaner'!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Until we released initial pictures of our pre-production testing model a week ago, no one else was supplying this version in the UK. Copying the idea of a backpack from Shurflo maybe, (although I have worked with one for 3 years now), but certainly not copying another suppliers model - although I do have access to them if desired.

Personally I have had one of your previous versions (blue) for about 3 years now from a Chinese manufacturer (which has served me well) and I have to say that these new ones (yellow) we have sourced (and surprisingly & flatteringly, also now you) are much better build quality with better features. Just interesting that you are undercutting your own previously established backpack model.

There is no denying that you are the king of backpacks with your extensive range /emoticons/smile.png - as you know poles and brushes are more 'my thing'.

We do not price anything to undercut others, we would rather focus on quality of product and the quality of our service. As you say it is good for forum users and all window cleaners to have a good choice in products and suppliers. Ours does have a Gardiner logo on it though which easily adds £20 to the value /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thats exactly how we like to operate, by focusing on quality, service (and one extra area!) price.

Exactly my thought when I saw you had moved into the backpack arena, the pole and brushes are more your 'thing'. It will stretch your customer service to the limit dealing with smashed, dropped, etc, electrical products that mix with water! Hope your phone lines are ready for it! We have found this particular product has some issues to deal with, but you will always discover more when out in the open field.

Thanks for the heads up. We feel very confident about this new product as I personally have been working with it out in the field for several months. It is proving to be a very durable and reliable tool. However there is no subs***ute for real world customer use as you already know.

(Harry Hill voice)

Now I do like Stephens backpack,

but I also think Alex has a lovely product as well.

It's so difficult to decide which one is best.....

There's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!!!

Back