Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jacked It In .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wasn't able to work for a year through illness.Then signed off sick and signed on unemployment benefit.Those benefits employees aint no laughing matter they want u off their books as soon as.Told me I must be prepared to travel up to 60 miles to look for work to keep unemployment benefit

Had a bash today straight away 5 cancelations or no answer the door .

This is what gets me blood boiling and making me want to quit ive been running round like an idiot all day and only

Done £140 its a p155 take I tell ya .

Days like these I really do want to pack it up !!!

Awful Logic

Oh yes, this is how all the big companies of the world run, yes, on this great philosophy.

Demand in area, along with about a hundred other reasons both personal, economical etc for both him and his customers dictate that because this works for you it may not for him.

This is one example, and worked once, both your apparent rudeness and the fact he paid and didn't get rid of you.

He could do this and all his customers could say well "no, I actually don't have money", then he's still not got cash and his customers think he's a bit pushy for money.
Well said masons,all the above,you got in a nutshell.

Decided ive had enough now im going to be a bum and play call of duty all the time .

Cant be bothered with all this hassle anymore .
Drop the hassle, keep the rest. Start with day one, fill with work of your choice of jobs; do a fulls day’s work don’t move on to day 2 until you can do £300 or more in day 1. Don’t break this rule.

Split day 1 if you need to get back to your play station game, no point being miserable. You only need 1 25ft pole and a tank of pure water coupled with the right customer base.

Forget serving customers who can’t afford to pay you your minimum, don’t even considered going to see them to give a quote – your time is to valuable and the game is waiting.

I bet once you get to day 3 it will get hard for you, because £300 was your minimum and now you know how to play this game.

Richard :Image13:

Drop the hassle' date=' keep the rest. Start with day one, fill with work of your choice of jobs; do a fulls day’s work don’t move on to day 2 until you can do £300 or more in day 1. Don’t break this rule.[/font'] 

Split day 1 if you need to get back to your play station game, no point being miserable. You only need 1 25ft pole and a tank of pure water coupled with the right customer base.

Forget serving customers who can’t afford to pay you your minimum, don’t even considered going to see them to give a quote – your time is to valuable and the game is waiting.

I bet once you get to day 3 it will get hard for you, because £300 was your minimum and now you know how to play this game.

Don't get me wrong richard my work isn't badly priced probably % 90 OF my work is above average price for my areas

I know other wfp cleaners cleaning same houses as me for upto £6 less than I charge .

But the amount of messers im getting rid of is unreal it just seems certain areas are just dwindling due to messers and im not replacing them .

Richard :Image13:

Concentrate more on the calibre of customer; particular areas in a county are important – customers first though.

How many customers do you actually need? Are you a 1 man business? How hard is it to fill 25 hours per week cleaning?

keep your chin up, because it is easier than you think now

Richard

Take a breath; give yourself the time needed and then chip away at it, before you know it you will be thinking of moving the goal post further.

In the meantime, if you need to keep the lower paying work too pay the bills do so, but only until you can afford to drop them – but do drop them gradually. Each is a cost and only produce low profit margin they need changing.

Your time is limited as a sole trader; you must value it, your customer won’t, and you shouldn’t expect them to.

Richard

Back