Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone recommend?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

crownwindowcleaning

Hi all,

Been thinking of a different approach recently, I've thought about going to a trolley system to start with and see how I get on and if things go well for me I will the progress onto a van system.

Was just wondering if anyone could recommend this as a static unit to have in my garage.

http://www.xline-systems.co.uk/xline-shop/filters-filtration-systems/filter-systems/static-pure-water-system-detail

I was also thinking of going for their trolley which seems good, I know it's pricey but I think if the quality is there I don't mind paying for it. Been looking at the pure freedom one too.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a van? You could DIY a van system for that sort of money. If you do go van mount, get the biggest tank your vehicle will take, taking all of your payload into consideration. I was toying with a 250L tank when I started, I ended up with a 500L and so glad I did!

Have a double cab pick up which hasn't got the biggest of space. I'm doing part time work at the mo and I'm hoping to start off doing one day a week window cleaning, I have an idea what I want to be earning for that one day and from previous experience is doable.

If all goes well I will knock one of the part time days of to do another day window cleaning then hopefully buy a van with a system in there, at the mo I'm just thinking that a trolley will be the best and most practical option for me, at least then I can take it out as and when for the rest of the days.

It's just a 4040 ro with 2 x 20" filters, pressure gauge and an 11 litre di which seems a bit expensive to me. Still is a very good set up though as will produce a lot of water relatively quickly. Price wise same goes for there trolley really but at least it's has the benefit same as a pf trolley can also be used static in a van/trailer directly connected to a tank instead of humping containers/trolley about by just connecting a wfp hose real to it. Then you have the both of best worlds as can use the trolley mobile if need be.

I went down the trolley route myself and soon got fedup using it mobile so stuck it in the the van instead. /emoticons/wink.png

I've got a trolley system from pure freedom and I have no complaints and nor should you providing you charge it every evening without fail. My next move will be a bigger van and 500 litre tank at least. Then I'll be able to use both options as I'm putting some tenders in for big contracts in the new year with the local authority.

How many barrels would you use in a day AJ? I've got the money for this set up and if you think that filtering system will give me a lot of water quickly smurf that is what I want. I'm thinking bout a 400litre up right tank for my garage this is purely because of space otherwise I'd get an ibc tank. Then if I progress to a van I could then put that tank in the van.

I know everyone says get a van mount cos I'll end up getting one six months down the line but just starting out at the mo and thinking this route will be more practical cos I can use my truck better without a fixed tank in it.

If things go well with it I will buy a van and a system to go in the back of it.

I use a pf trolley /// also bought a 100 metre hosereel to connect to the trolly as a static van mount . So i have got max flexability use about 6 / 10 barrels a day . Ive heard of people not far from me paying 20 grand for a van set up ( i bought my house for that money. Hahaha) Payed 3 grand for my set up , including a van

I use a pf trolley /// also bought a 100 metre hosereel to connect to the trolly as a static van mount . So i have got max flexability use about 6 / 10 barrels a day . Ive heard of people not far from me paying 20 grand for a van set up ( i bought my house for that money. Hahaha) Payed 3 grand for my set up , including a van
How many house, hrs work could you do with those 6/10 barrels? What set up do you have for your van now?

When I first started wfp cleaning I would take on anything but soon wised up very quickly that using containers of water and a trolley was hard going and was slow due to the flow rate being set low to try conserve the amount of water I used per job.

Myself I can't remember the last time I needed to use the pf trolley as a wfp trolley for domestic work. I tend to pick and choose the types of jobs I take on now so leave the bad access/hassle window cleaning jobs to someone else.

Most wfp cleaners eventual will go down the van mount route because of the following reasons

High flow rate = quicker cleaning time - Large van tank = more profit & less hassle especially doing external cleans where customers don't have an outside tap when you don't need to use pure on everything.

I get 8 hrs work Out of 6/10 barrels I use an aquatap to conserve water I'll don't scrimp on rinsing I still use the same equipment in my van mind it's sometimes better with the hosereel

What flow rate do you have your pf trolley set on @Natty1972 ?

I get 8 hrs work Out of 6/10 barrels I use an aquatap to conserve water I'll don't scrimp on rinsing I still use the same equipment in my van mind it's sometimes better with the hosereel

**** me that's low as I run mine now between 50-60 which is roughly 2.5 - 3 lpm normally from the van using 100m 8mm id hose reel and my brushes are fitted with fan jets. I have the option to use hot or cold pure too as it goes through a gas fired water heater which makes first cleans even quicker to do.

On the controller I have it set on 12 for trolley with 30 metres of 6mm hose or 20 for 8mm 100 metre hosereel gives the same flow

I had problems with the first strainer . Which it took 40 to get a good flow so there sent a little blue strainer ( the size of a thimble ) it reduced the settings

Air locks and collapsed/kink hose will also reduce the flow. I have never had an issue with there metal strainers myself apart from them working loose and losing a few when I use to use the trolley mobile

Pure water is dirt cheap to produce so I wack the flow rate up to get through my work much quicker now.

The problem I had was the spring around the plastic one way value use to slip over it , tightening it to the housing , the pump use to make some funny noises pumping water .....

Back