Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Greenpro, doubling your average price

T

tlwcs

i quoted your reply in the pricing thread where you doubled your average account price in two years.

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in learning how you did this.

Tony

No problems @tlwcs ,

Just send the cheque for £220 to the address on my web site, your t-shirt and van sticker will follow in the post.

No need to attend the course for the day and no you can't have exclusivity for a whole county! /emoticons/tongue.png

When I started a round up here (Notts) I was hitting lots of council estates, typical 3 bed semi and two bed terraces as I thought high volume of door knocking high level of returns.

Thing was I was of the delusion that the 'posh' people in the nice detached homes with well paid jobs and disposable income wouldn't be interested in a one man band like me, they would only be using larger 'professional' outfits. I actually honestly felt I they wouldn't even entertain me pitching them at the door.

One day I get a call from a lady in a large detached home, kind with it's own driveway where you can't see the house from the road, even had it's own guest house and pool house on the property. I had no idea how to quote it, then she drops the bomb that she wanted the insides doing as well, at that point I decided to tell her it would be hourly, at the time I was going for £30 per hour and told her I thought it would be 3 hours to do the job.

Day of the job comes and it was 4 hours and 15 mins, I tell the lady 'I said 3 hours so 3 hours it is' and ask for £90.00

'No' she says, hands me £120 and tells me I had said £30 per hour. Then tells me I am saving her £60 on her previous window cleaner whom was there all day.

At that moment I realized people would pay happily for quality, and pay well. I then decided to start canvassing larger private homes only and move away from council areas. What I decided was that I was going to charge more than others but guarantee perfect finish every time.

I started to offer a 'not happy, don't pay' guarantee, and to this day people have always paid. At present I get more customers coming to me through referrals with friends because they are not happy with paying their current window cleaner as they aren't doing a good job and have heard I offer a satisfaction guarantee.

One thing I noticed is many windies go for stack em high sell em cheap and if the jobs not 100% no worries as the custy is not paying top dollar. That's when I decided that I would price each job so that I am happy to invest the relevant amount required to do the job perfectly by ladder using traditional methods, I do however just use my WFP, however if I ever get a complaint (none so far) I will break out the ladder to ensure that it's perfect as that's what I am charging for.

Shed loads of waffle in there but I think you get the gist.

Moral, people will pay more for quality, that's what you need to sell, not all window cleaners are equal, I decided to change the basis of my business from high volume to highest quality.

Hope there's something helpful in there.

And I'm sure your sense of entitlement inflicted in demanding a reply was purely unintentional. /emoticons/wink.png
No, (maybe) I wondered why you hand nt seen it but did wonder if you were being huffy as I was taking the thread off topic.

The above reply will help not just new starters but also those stuck in a rut, don't you think?

Tony

I don't do huffy unless having a humorous debate with @daveyboy whom goes huffy first! /emoticons/tongue.png

I do also have a full time job, family and friends and instantly replying to a post may not be the highest priority on my list for the day.

The above reply will help not just new starters but also those stuck in a rut, don't you think?
Perhaps, however sometimes some things just aren't for sharing, posting all my methods and practices on an open forum blatantly gives all my competition every last piece of information about my practices. . You don't actually even need to be a member to read posts.

And some times a simple, please, will go a long way to getting the answers you want. /emoticons/tongue.png

Back