Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Lesson

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jill1

Hi

My name is Jill and I work self-employed mainly doing errands and cleaning for older people or people

who have disabilities. I would very much like to be able to clean their outside windows to a good standard

and am looking for a window cleaning lesson. I will mainly be cleaning bungalows. Any advice on what

I need to buy would also be very welcome.

Where abouts are you Jill?

Check out Youtube, there is loads of info on there. None of its rocket science- just learn the basic technique, and buy some good quality basic tools, practice practice practice, and you'll be set.

hi and welcome Jill1 one piece of advice i can offer....dont buy the very many cheap squeegees on offer....only buy a good brand..

.try not to clean windows in full sun as that can be a pain..

dont use too much soap as that will cause marks and dont worry if your first attempts are not great you just have to stick with it.

..if you want to simplify cleaning a plain glass window with a squeegee,( the rubber blade to scrape off the soap}, you dont need to do the fancy work some of us on here do and you can just bring the blade straight down from top to bottom..you are best to wipe the blade dry before putting it back on the glass and once you start to draw the blade down do not stop or hesitate just keep going to the bottom.and then wipe dry all the edge of the glass....

but most of all ....keep reading all the posts on the great windowcleaningforums.co.uk....:cool:

Here are some vids that you may find helpful

Unger Window Cleaning-Tutorial 1-Know your tools

[media]

[/media]

I struggle to get out of bed let alone tackle stairs /emoticons/sad.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

But I may buy a bungalow and only work on bungalows in future so to avoid any stairs /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back