Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing in the dark

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ralf

Hi all, what's everyone's thoughts on canvassing in the dark? Are people less likely to answer and still worth the time and effort especially old people. Was going to keep it before 8pm what do you reckon?

This time of year it is starting to get dark early and will just get worse each day

If you didn't canvass in the dark you would have no time after work to do it

LOL Green! Yeah best to leave the after dark canvassing. Colour photcopy your flyer and post it relentlessly on your facebook groups. Thats way they'll get the info and you don't waste any flyers and you'll get responses if your flyer is good

P.s Green my order would be 1. Naked Megan Fox, 2. Naked Margo Robbie, 3. The pizza boy - anyone else Im not answering!!

I wouldn't do it this time of year either. People are way more wary with the evenings drawing in. Just try leafleting at the weekend or asking customers if they have any friends they can recommend for a bit of discount if they sign up. I haven't canvassed for years and years now because my word of mouth is excellent. I don't even push my facebook page either which is a great place to be at.

Good luck bud

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have no problem with continuing to canvass at this time of year, and don't really see much of a drop off in results either. I just find it's best to be finished at 6:30 to 7:00, with any potential customers who I'd spoken to in the previous evening or two, and needed to speak to the other half etc. before saying yes, being scheduled for a return call after that time. Sometimes you find that the best customers sign up at this time of year too, given the fact that at least you know they'll want the service through the winter!

Back