Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prices on this...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trev81

I have this hotel to quote on Friday, new owners looking for 4 weekly cleaning, they state there very dirty at the moment and think not been cleaned for 2 years, old listed building, old sash windows/frames. So a good first clean supplement required.

I have stayed there a few times after nights out in the town its in, can't recall how much there is on the sides you cannot see, but on the photo it runs as far down as you can see, so base the quote on it been the same amount again the other sides.

View attachment 7733

I'd be surprised if they want 4 weekly. But you never know.
They have asked for 3 weekly, but I don't offer that, so they have agreed to 4 weekly, there planning to turn the place around i think, it needs it.

From the windows that I can see I would charge £50 on a monthly basis. Thats just me though, others may charge more or less... I would spend about an hour on a maintenance clean on that.

Until I look on Friday I don't know, I need to see whats on the sides I have not really seen before, if it's just them on the road side then I don't see it as all that long, top ones look very set back but can't really tell from that and I've never really looked that closely before when passing.

I can't make out if those shrubs have been planted deliberately or if they've just rooted up there.
Prob rooted up there mate, most of the old buildings in the town are the same, one of the pubs I drink in there is a very old building and very high, 6ft tree coming out of one down pipe, proper rooted in, must be years old! My vac wouldnt even touch the leaf growth lol!!

Got to be at least £100 on a regular clean surely?
First clean maybe double?
Yeh for sure, going be that and some easy. Might try and snap up that gutter clear, some plantation in them lol!

£1 per window lol.

I'm going to throw this out there and say £200. And that I feel is still a good deal, I personally wouldn't want it for any less. If they make a shocked face, then tell them to go 2 monthly and state that in your professional opinion, this will be a good balance between budget and cleanliness.

It will be a interesting one for sure, I look forward to taking a walk around on Friday, I will add my price to this thread and also if it was acepted on the spot or not. I agree that 8 weekly will prob be fine for them, there prob just excited at the thought of getting them clean, once perfect that excitment will wear thin, and will no doubt push to extend the freq like other large commercials ive been doing have.

It will be a interesting one for sure, I look forward to taking a walk around on Friday, I will add my price to this thread and also if it was acepted on the spot or not. I agree that 8 weekly will prob be fine for them, there prob just excited at the thought of getting them clean, once perfect that excitment will wear thin, and will no doubt push to extend the freq like other large commercials ive been doing have.
Exactly, it is a novelty that soon wears off, so I always try and beat them to the punch. It saves any resentment.

That's the thing. They are minging now, but when they are clean all they will see is clean windows from there on in. They won't get to see dirty ---> clean again and this is where IMO people think they aren't getting their monies worth and resent forking out so regularly.

£20 5 weekly:whistle:
Even in our area that's way too low.

How are those 2nd floor (top) windows going to be cleaned with that ledge obstructing access?

How are you going to clean the window on the corner (1st floor)? I can't see if their is an access issue.

@Trev81 Have you got a pole long enough to do the side street at 3 stories, especially when you consider that ledge?

I think that in our area that would be a £100 job, considering the equipment needed to clean it.

I like to be competitive on pricing but even I think £100 is too low

That's a lot of glass and very awkward work

I'd go £200 plus for the whole thing every 8 weeks

Other option is You could give a price for ground and first floor plus price for top floor less frequent

Did you ever get that K rend clean on big block of flats Trev ?

Even in our area that's way too low.
How are those 2nd floor (top) windows going to be cleaned with that ledge obstructing access?

How are you going to clean the window on the corner (1st floor)? I can't see if their is an access issue.

@Trev81 Have you got a pole long enough to do the side street at 3 stories, especially when you consider that ledge?

I think that in our area that would be a £100 job, considering the equipment needed to clean it.
I'm not sure about the depth of that ledge until I take a closer look on Friday, there may be some sort of roof terrace/balcony up there that if so will enable me to do those areas trad, or they may be doable via pole once I see.

I know the pavement is deep enough to do that one above the entrance so that should be fine.

I have poles for that yes, hoping my 30ft plus me 6ft 4 will be fine, if not I will have to whip out the 50 footer!

I like to be competitive on pricing but even I think £100 is too lowThat's a lot of glass and very awkward work

I'd go £200 plus for the whole thing every 8 weeks

Other option is You could give a price for ground and first floor plus price for top floor less frequent

Did you ever get that K rend clean on big block of flats Trev ?
Yeh it will be awkward I think, as @Tuffers says I will prob go in at a decent price and push them to 8 weekly rather than 4 they currently want, as they will soon get bored of paying out 13 times a year!

Nothing came of that K rend mate, had some trouble with them paying on time for windows, its a weird old setup there, recently been payed but I get the feelers it may not be a long term thing, could be wrong who know! Last time I was there the bloke came out saying all the green has nearly gone off the render now as the sun has got rid of it lol, tbf it had gone mostly, but it will soon come back.

View attachment 7754 That can happen

Got round back of this place and I thought - *** heads they got someone else to softwash render after I brought it to her attention , priced etc . Then she came out asking when I can do it ! I think the weather changes the algae colour

Back