Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prices on this...

George Hotel, Burslem. I used to live just up the road from there. Robbie Williams used to live in the Pub next door.

That's a busy old junction there mate, you will have to be careful of traffic and pedestrians when cleaning. I am only about 5 miles from there now.

Think I will pop in and give em a quote /emoticons/biggrin.png....kidding..

Trying to get the top ones down the side will be very difficult with out going in the road.

even with no traffic about you will still have parked cars to deal with I would also say your going to need a 40-50ft pole for the far side where it dips down.

George Hotel, Burslem. I used to live just up the road from there. Robbie Williams used to live in the Pub next door.That's a busy old junction there mate, you will have to be careful of traffic and pedestrians when cleaning. I am only about 5 miles from there now.

Think I will pop in and give em a quote /emoticons/biggrin.png....kidding..

Thats it mate, my accountants is opp there, I drink in burslem quite often, great real ale pubs.

I was working that way today and took a closer look at it, looking like a no go for pole work as the frames are literally flaking away, they need painting up before otherwise it will be a nightmare, cant see many trads wanting it but you never know.

Will take a better look friday but dont look like its something I will be interested in, unless he has booked the painters lol!

Road I think will be fine as its quite deep on the main road side, the too ones look too set back to be done by pole, maybe theres another way ie walk out/balcony up there somewhere.

Was he that fat dancer from Take That ?
Ha Ha That's the one. Actually he lived round the corner. Im going a wedding reception there on 10th September @Trev81 so make sure those windows are nice and clean. I'll be inspecting /emoticons/biggrin.png

Its a big old building, that pic doesn't do it justice

Go on Google maps and search for ST6 2AE. It has an internal courtyard and a large balcony round the other side. There are 4 floors on the right hand side so the 50' is a must, with an extended gooseneck, very hard to use in wind. I will work very tight on large jobs but with the access, reach and condition of the frames issues even I would hesitate on going in much below £200 on a monthly basis. I think with it being central and therefore a lot of traffic a monthly wash is required for at least the first 2 floors

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked around it tonight after my work, spent a good hour there, a hell of a job first up as many of there upvc frames need full restoration to bring them up, it's certainly a maze of a building around the back areas. There all reachable for me apart from the main top ones on the main road as there far to set back and you would need a 70 footer from the other side of the road lol, they know this and my advice to them was to get the panes taken out from inside and clean them and put back in, be ok for a while then.

Some of the 4th floor ones I can get to with my 50 foot pole, so a few will get done. Totalled up around 140 windows that can be cleaned by me.

I shall submit my cost and have them set on going 8 weekly after for far less than the first clean is going to be!

170+ vat every 4 weeks for us its a easy job just use an ultermate pole and you will be fine
Easy job on regular cleans noddy, 4 weekly to frequent as mentioned already in this thread, they are going on a 8 weekly if using me.

The whole "vat" thing you now mention is not relevant to this as I am playing nicely under the threshold.

Restoration is required initially and thats where the price will be far more than double, which is what they are requesting to be done.

£170 is underpriced also, you might agree if you saw the other 75% not on the image posted /emoticons/smile.png

your right trev I was only pricing on what I could see ,i am well over the vat limit so i have to put it on everything now mate

Whats a ultermate pole?I use xline poles myself, love em.
its one of alexs top end higher poles and are the best on the market , however at over 2k for a pole they need to be !

your right trev I was only pricing on what I could see ,i am well over the vat limit so i have to put it on everything now mate
They say you need to go well over to make it worth while...

Playing around just over it is no good, either box clever and stay just below or yes go for it and go over & beyond.

Pitty I cant just register for 1 week so I can claim back all my previous vat then go back to no vat the week after lol.

Back