Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

converted a 16ltr packpack into a 36ltr one.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
done a few gutter cleans now with me new back pack (and love it by the way )

and I was using a lot of water at first and kept having to full up on water .im deffo getting the hang of it now and less fill ups ,but it always bugged me a little that I have to stand there and fill up .so with nothing to do today iv had a little play with my new

toy

View attachment 7129

lesson learned when choosing a trolly ,although I do like mine maybe go for a rounded top instead of handles they do stick out to much .I can live with it for now tho .and I know I know i need more hose .

View attachment 7130

all tightly strapped up .I can even remove the bucket and have another 20ltr barrel on the back .

View attachment 7131

yes the barrel is upside down ....for a reason .

View attachment 7132

View attachment 7133

all iv done is make 3 holes in the cap and push the tubes through make sure not to make to big of a hole these are nice and tight

I did have 1 of the tubes longer then the other two ,when the barrel goes upside down the long one acts as a air hole and the other two drains the water into your backpack . this wasn't to bad but still had to squeeze the barrel to get some air in to it .about half way thought just give it a few push downs on top of the barrel youll hear a glug glug and the water flow is fine again .

View attachment 7134

do what you would do normally when filling up ,barrel open end to back pack open end then when the tubes goes inside the backpack simply rest the barrel on to your backpack and I use a bungee cord to hold it in place , this doesn't overflow because when the tubes are in the backpack and the water level raises when it get to the tubes it stops filling up .also iv run it a couple of times today and the flow it runs into the backpack is roughly the same as the flow coming out of your brush .plus with stop /starting the brush its always filling up .

I think this will be great for gutters and connys giving you that extra time.dont think Ill use it like that when doing windows . but there you go 16ltr backpack into a 36 ltr one ..I might still have a play with it and you get the jist of what I was doing ,and it runs really well

I've done something similar, I've got a pure freedom trolley in my van ,drawing water from three barrels at once works a treat ... Saves changing over too many times during the day . Mind I've got to bleed the system every time there are empty.

I've done something similar, I've got a pure freedom trolley in my van ,drawing water from three barrels at once works a treat ... Saves changing over too many times during the day . Mind I've got to bleed the system every time there are empty.
Hello Natty.

I would be interested to know your set up ( feeding out of 3 barrels ) with your freedom trolley , I use a freedom trolley operating out of my vehicle with 25litre drums , do you have a connector that joins the 3 pipes from 3 barrels to the main feed to the pump?

It sounds like a good idea , it would certainly save me keep checking my barrel when I'm doing biggish jobs that use a fair bit of water.

Cheers mate .

Glenn.

Back