Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Favourite books / authors to read

Another blinder I'd recommend is 'the fist of fury' by Frederick Forsyth. Set during the Iraqi conflict, edge of seat stuff /emoticons/smile.png

I know they are good films in their own right but the hobbit and lotr are so different from the books i can't treat them as film versions of the booksCharacters that don't exist in the books and made up storylines

I have never seen a film version of any book that is true to the book

Also never seen a film of a book that tje characters/settings look how you previously imagined
Bravo two zero with Sean bean is just like to book, made by the BBC. Great book, great film

I know they are good films in their own right but the hobbit and lotr are so different from the books i can't treat them as film versions of the booksCharacters that don't exist in the books and made up storylines

I have never seen a film version of any book that is true to the book

Also never seen a film of a book that tje characters/settings look how you previously imagined
Bravo two zero with Sean bean is just like to book, made by the BBC. Great book, great film

I can honestly say that I haven't read a book from start to finish since primary school and I'll be thirty four this year. I can read well but don't get any enjoyment from it.

I can honestly say that I haven't read a book from start to finish since primary school and I'll be thirty four this year. I can read well but don't get any enjoyment from it.
Probably not found the right book yet. I was the same until I read Andy mcnabs book immediate action, tat got me reading again

Have a old farm book (approx 110 years old) front covers gone, just shows a different world all the animals are owned by lords etc and 1 by the king edward vii to memory (you see how Britain was all about classes).

It still is about classes lol

It's those that have and those that haven't now ratherbthan calling us by classes

Them and us

you would be working for the lord back then, now the lords stately home is a hotel, you work for yourself and his washing someones dishes.

Eckhart Tolle
Love him. Read The Power of Now when I was 18 and boy what a life changer.

I literally cannot imagine my life without reading - I do it everyday. Words and sentences are like little portals into the way another person thinks and words can be powerful and transformative. Books about the Law of Attraction are also very interesting and expain so much about life.

@Adams0211 keep trying a few different books and you might find one that floats your boat. I always encourage people to read, learn new things and expand the mind. Best of luck

Read all the McNab books including his kids ones (boy soldier) series that i got for my son

Also Chris Ryan is good along the same lines

Both experienced bravo two zero in person as part of the same unit

Chris Ryan walked from Iraq to Syria with no food or water to escape

Rather him than me

I read every night. I cannot get to sleep without reading. It is great to take your mind off the real world. Good crime thriller, or a bit of fantasy. Never read a book cover to cover until I met the wife who reads all the time. The first book I ever read was the lord of the rings and don't think I have missed a night since. Unless I've been pub.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tolkien..not just lotr and the hobbit but all his other works including the obscure hard to find stuffFirst read hobbit..lotr and the silmarillion in 1st year senior school so about 11 years old and was hooked

I know pretty much everything on this website without reading it..extremely sad ain't I ??:rofl:

The Encyclopedia of Arda
Daveyboy I take my hat off to you. I love LOTR and the Hobbit but found the Silmarillion like swimming through treacle!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Read all the McNab books including his kids ones (boy soldier) series that i got for my sonAlso Chris Ryan is good along the same lines

Both experienced bravo two zero in person as part of the same unit

Chris Ryan walked from Iraq to Syria with no food or water to escape

Rather him than me
They both do good books. Odd thing is I was reading them between patrols in Afghanistan and regular scraps. Weird way to switch off or what!!!!

Back