Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Favourite books / authors to read

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Any of you fantasy fans read The Wheel Of Time By Robert Jordan. 14 books, I waited years to get an ending.
I read about 8 or 9 then gave the series a rest about 5 years ago. I got tired of so much time devoted to fashion descriptions, I needed more sword wielding.

Read loads of crime fiction . Especially American detective thrillers . My all time favourite book is papillon read it about 15 times in the last 37 years . Bought it about 10 times as Ient it out and never get it back . But my passion is Italian organised crime . I got hooked when I was about 15 . Now I've got about 100 books on it . Ranging from the New York Costa nostra , to the Sicillian mafia . Love it as it's always changing with great stories and it's all real .

My son persuaded me into reading a book a little while back. It was called 'swan song'. I think the author was rob mcgibnon or something like that.It was a thousand pages of pure joy, the best book I've ever read.

Its set after the apocalypse and is a fictional look how different gangs and people fight for power.

Strongly recommend this. Not for the thickos, but great if your intellectual like me :whistle:
I think it's a bit like " the stand" by Stephen King . I think the uncut version is about the same length . I tried reading it but in the end I just gave up the will to live . I think I got abou 3/4 through it . The only Stephen King book I've never finished . But I think I will give swan song a go .

Some books I finished: "Frozen in Time" the story of several air crews that went down in Greenland and the modern time search for their remains; "Behind Hitler's Lines" the first American paratrooper to jump into Normandy was captured several days after D-Day, escaped several times, went East and fought with the Red Army; "Blood on the Shores" Soviet Naval Scouts fighting above the Arctic Circle during WWII; "Panzer Commander" and three Dragonlance: The Lost Histories novels, "The Kagonesti", the "Dargonesti" and "Land of the Minotaurs."

Back