Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lidl cheap movement sensor built in alarm

Smurf

Bought myself a chepo movement sensor built in alarm from lidl yesterday for £4.99.

Now it's setup in the back of the van and seems to works a treat./emoticons/smile.png

So now when I'm out of site from the van whilst working with all the doors locked apart from the side door that I have to leave open a wee bit for the hose etc anyone that tries to nick stuff out the back of the van I will know about it. That's if I remember to turn it on /emoticons/biggrin.png

How many db smurf?

I was thinking about van security a lot yesterday, I kept checking all the locks and my keys every five minutes like I'd just escaped a mental health unit...

I've also got the bad habit of leaving all my pricey gear in the van overnight parked on the road :-(

Details as it reads on the box

suitable for the home, garage, caravan, office space, etc.

acoustic and visual signal

ball joint for flexible adjustment

2x infrared remote controls

incudes batteries and mountin materials

alarm volume approx 105db

alarm duration 1o min

detection range up to 8m

detection angle 110 degree

built-in trigger and power-on delay approx 15 seconds

for 4.99 you can't go wrong surely? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Will check that out, sounds good, or rather bad when it goes off. Let's hope Frank didn't build em for that price ;-)

Pic of that chepo alarm set up in the back of the van

View attachment 3960

View attachment 3961

The motion detection sensor covers all the inside of the back of the van so as soon as someone opens the doors including the side door which is normaly left open a wee bit it will go off. All be it after 15 ish second delay once triggered but it's better than nothing.

View attachment 3962

View attachment 3963

View attachment 3964

Inside my van on a good day minus some bits like a consevatory ladder, whirlaway, pressure washer hotbox etc :whistle: ... that's tidy to what it normaly looks like :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back