Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Funniest Or Most Annoying Cancellation

alex1987

We all get customers cancel on us, but sometimes it gets you right angry with the rubbish excuses people give. What stories have you been told as a reason for cancelling?

Funniest one I had was because a customers dog kept knocking itself out on the glass when I would clean the windows in excitement.

The most annoying one was a customer of 5 years, left a post-it note on the window saying please stop cleaning windows, husband will do it. the husband was 30st and bad legs.

Hahaha I like the dog story that's classic. Best one I have ain't a patch on that. She messages me on Facebook says I've moved so stop cleaning and next day when I pulled up she was on doorstep having a CIG. That was months ago and she still lived there when I was round 2 weeks ago.

I get loads of **** reasons, most aint got guts to say cant afford it

want to cancel, as when you clean my windows, it scares my dog and he cuts him self and needs stitches

had one cancel the other week, as top windows, didn't come up clean, hadn't been done in 3 months, as he had scaffolding up and had out side of house painted

had one the other month, she cancelled because I didn't get back to her in time, so got a new wc,. then started emailing me again, to clean them, as new wc stopped coming

My wife has bought her own window cleaning tools so she is going to clean them from now on.....

Have also had a customer cancel because she admitted she was a bad payer..

One recent one, spraying dirty water through a window vent all over a ladies lovely curtains and sill...... Yeah she dropped me, but never mind she would of eventually got dropped anyway...... She was one of the picky, strange sorts.

Had a customer come out to me one time (I'd been cleaning it years), he said "It keeps raining the day after you come, if it happens again I don't want them cleaning."

I said ok, fine.

It rained the day after and he cancelled.

I cleaned 80% of the houses on that road, so walked past his house every 2 weeks.

He walked out one day and asked us to do them again.

Said yes, and would give him a quote.

He ended up paying more.

Lesson is, don't mess with me or my money.

Don't have any funny excuses.

Had a customer come out to me one time (I'd been cleaning it years), he said "It keeps raining the day after you come, if it happens again I don't want them cleaning."

I said ok, fine.

It rained the day after and he cancelled.

I cleaned 80% of the houses on that road, so walked past his house every 2 weeks.

He walked out one day and asked us to do them again.

Said yes, and would give him a quote.

He ended up paying more.

Lesson is, don't mess with me or my money.

Don't have any funny excuses.

That's the way you have got to be

Some new guy with wfp quoted her a pound cheaper and she used the old recession excuse. Silly cow.
I love the recession one. Got a text the other day saying oh times are tough, we need to cut back so were cancelling you. £7 a month, big savers. They have 3 BMW's and shop at M & S, their really concerned about money.

Had one last week cancel reckoning i havnt been calling back for payment i said i have but you werent in n she was adamant she was....

Another last month said got somebody cheaper.i only charge £2.50 lol!

funniest one i had was ' I don't like leaving the gate open when you come in case someone nicks your fiver off the window sill'

lolol

One I've had is "I'm having new windows fitted so leave it this time" I have txt her every month now for 4 months and she's still having new windows fitted , it's only a 3 bed house !

Back