Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fist time out canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dragbag

have just gotten in from first time out canvassing...it was terrifying:puke: felt like a total charlatan, i live in a very affluent part of herts, so lots of people said iv got a windy:( knew that would be the case, lots of no"s, i tryed to start small bungalows:D but as i worked i knew i would get bigger houses to call on, i was after houses that could be done from the ground, not got the cash for nice ladders at the mo, plus i want to start of easy:D que

the " prettiest but fattest bird at the party:*" that's a metaphor for the house i got invited in on. from the outside all looked well, typical 5 bed not a new build but 30s house bought into the 21th century.

the guy had just got in, he was a builder i said " do you have a window cleaner m8? he says no! come in...

as i go in and see about 100k worth of glass my heart sinks :puke: it was huge...it went on and on, i felt sick then he says " do you do insides" heart was pounding like mad:h: " yes i say" thinking how am i going to get out of this, im just a guy with a car some barrels and a backpack... stand in the back garden it was like looking at noahs ark in glass:wow:then he points to a external office which i didn't see because my pupils where dilating, and says "that as well:bangheadwall: que the get out.

the glass was covered in dried on cement, no way this is coming off with wfp m8 "is the rest of the glass on the top like this?" he looks at me and says if its to much for you its ok!:worried: i said" if it's like that it is too much for me" then i leave feeling a bit of a noob....but i did get 1 deffo going to have you in! nice little 3/4 bed can do from the ground 20 mins work £15 :rof: hope she calls :blush:

Where in herts are you based @Dragbag ?

I work in herts and beds

Stevenage, aston, Knebworth, datchworth and digswell mostly for 1 off jobs like conny roofs and gutters etc but stevenage and Knebworth for windows

I get asked to do other areas but usually pass them on to whoever i know works a particular area

Only down the road then

I love st albans and regularly go to wagamama to eat but the traffic there does my nut in

Especially market days

Had a bit more success this evening got 3 nice little bungalows all in the same road. Lots of people saying. . no we have a window cleaner or the window cleaner does this house and 3 others there or my son does it. just pays to knock on doors and talk to people. the first customer said I can't believe it I've been looking for a window cleaner for ages I went online on and could only find people who fit windows:hehehe: he was quite ecstatic:rof: the got the old girl next to him:party:

Take the job pal! Even if it is hard work, buy a scraper and make him happy on the first clean then get him as a regular customer! We clean winch more hill, parmers green, southgate, harlow stevenage and other areas! We have 700+ customers but alot of them began from first cleans which were tough. Its just turning them into regulars then your sorted!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Get on mate, well done for getting out. I remember about the fourth time i went out i was in a very expensive area in Exeter (and wet behind the ears) and came to this 4 story modern house(felt like a skyscraper walking up to it) with range rover and porsche outside. Thought to myself.... Why not! Walked up, knocked and little, softly spoken chap(but clearly rich) answered then pretty much invited me straight in to quote for the whole gaff inside and out! About 40 different windows both sides! Said he had work going on but would use me once it was done. I didn't really know what i was doing so i quoted £70 which was madness! Anyway i never heard anything for a year but then he called me out of the blue, so i went back and requoted the same job at £200 which was just right. Turned into a right score, now I clean just some of the outside for £40 every 6 weeks. One of my best customers!

My point is that you are spreading loads of little seeds buddy and some might take a year to grow even if they seem dead. Make sure you leave leaflets though.

Back